Extra 6x6

Old October 3rd 03, 02:27 PM
Cher

Default Extra 6x6

Well some of you have expressed a wish to do more than two squares a month.
I have no control over what you do personally.

However, please bear it in mind that some of our members of this group,
lead extremely busy lives and cannot for one reason or another get theirs
done this fast.

Also if you are exchanging between the months when it comes to the monthly
sign-ups you may find yourselves paired up again with the person you've just
done your own with. This may be alright for a while, then you'll get your
afghan squares done long before anyone else, leaving a few on the list still
needing more, and there won't be anyone to exchange with if you see what I
mean. For an example take Gwen...she is away from the list until November,
she wants to be in on it, so I've decided that I will do her squares (6)
bringing her up to the end of November. (she is doing mine)

Imagine if she comes back and goes on the list, trying to collect X amount
of squares, from everyone on board, but some of you have gone ahead and
exchanged between yourselves, finishing your afghans this means you no
longer need anymore squares to complete an afghan, and she won't be able to
get any from you. Then there is me, I want one from everyone too, but
until Gwen is back I am not on the normal run of the monthly sign-ups I am
only able to step in when there is no one else.

So whilst I cannot dictate to anyone what they should do in their own time,
the rcty 6x6 exchange is best left to run on the monthly schedule. Not only
that, I don't want people getting bored with it, and dropping off, and
believe me this has happened before on other lists, where they've tried to
do two lots of exchanges a month, and it has come around far too often and
people have thought, "Oh no not that again, I can't be bothered" hence
less sign ups.. the idea of this exchange was to look forward to each month
with anticipation, not dread.

So whilst I prefer it to run at one exchange to the month, lets put it to
the vote... There are 38 of us on this exchange, so come on in and put
either YES or NO...
yes means you want to do two exchanges(two seperate partners) a month, and
NO means you want it to stay at one exchange of two squares a month.

My vote is obviously NO, and Gwens will be NO as well, as I will vote in
her absence. If the majority is for more, then I will step it up to two
exchanges a month. Bringing the knitting time and postal time down from
four weeks to two weeks.

Hope this is fair enough for everyone...???

Cheers....Cher...not offended either way..LOL

---

Old October 3rd 03, 02:49 PM
Norma

Well, I'm afraid that my vote must be No, as well. I just don't have the
time, what with everything else I'm up to.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old October 3rd 03, 02:52 PM

No

Carol Ann

Old October 3rd 03, 03:03 PM
Sorceress

Cher opined thusly:

[snip]

So whilst I prefer it to run at one exchange to the month, lets put it
to the vote... There are 38 of us on this exchange, so come on in and
put either YES or NO...
yes means you want to do two exchanges(two seperate partners) a month,
and NO means you want it to stay at one exchange of two squares a month.

[snip]

At this time, no. In the future, quite possibly yes.

--
Regards
--Anne

Blogging to be found at http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/musings.html

Remove DIESPAMBOTDIE to e-mail
Old October 3rd 03, 03:07 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Ummm...
No.
Noreen
--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

Old October 3rd 03, 03:11 PM
Jacqueline Butt

sorry I didn't mean to cause anything was just anxious and enjoyed doing
them so much..please forgive me.

I will have to go ahead and try and do one myself. Will have to wait for
the other one. But you can still sign me up with as many as you want in
November.

Oh by the way I have lots to do also and I work. I understand everyone is
very busy. And again sorry didn't mean to start a conflict

Jacqueline

--
Take a few minutes and check out my Web Page
http://www.geocities.com/jacqbutt/Ha...iewCrafts.html
"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Ummm...
No.