What AD means

Old November 15th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels[_2_]

Default What AD means

I just got a very rude email from someone who objected to my request to put
AD in the subject line when directly promoting a web site or selling goods
or posting an auction. This has been a rule for this NG as far back as I
know. It tags a msg as strictly commercial vs. an informational post or a
question.

It is also a rule to put OT in the subject line of posts that are off topic.

It has also been understood that this NG is primarily for sharing bead info
and not for advertising. It is acceptible to put links in your sig to your
website, Etsy, Ebay, etc. in any post. However, people who pop in just to
post ads, who do not participate in the discussions, and who refuse to
follow these simple guidelines should not expect to garner business here.

Newbies, although welcome, should always take the time to read a few posts
before jumping in and assuming they know what they're doing.

--
Karleen Cole
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old November 16th 08, 08:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Nov 15, 12:13 pm, "Vibrant Jewels"
wrote:
I just got a very rude email from someone who objected to my request to put
AD in the subject line when directly promoting a web site or selling goods
or posting an auction. This has been a rule for this NG as far back as I
know. It tags a msg as strictly commercial vs. an informational post or a
question.

Unless you refer to the post by "April", who I haven't seen here
before,
and who didn't post a website or anything such, I haven't seen a lot
of posts
(other than the "usual") who didn't.

??

Maren
(had a reasonably good artists' fair today, if/when you get a free
spot you do
your own advertising, a lot of the people there were complaining about
that it
wasn't advertised - IMHO you can't have it both ways)
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
Art and Fine Crafts Fair at East Hawaii Cultural Center, Sat. Nov. 29,
8-4
Artists' Fair at Hilo Art and Glass on Sat., Dec. 20, 10 a.m. - 4
p.m.
Old November 16th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
April

Hey, it wasn't me. I've never been a heavy poster in this group, but
I have posted off and on for about 3 years now. The last year has
been a particularly long, dry spell for posting, because I've been
busy with nursing school, but I do know the group rules of not posting
ads. All I wanted to know from my questions was if people were still
using eBay, and if they preferred single specific lots, or mixed lots.

April

Old November 17th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

She was a bit slow, eh? Don't judge the rest of us by her, LOL!!

Now you know why I never use my real address on news groups......bunch
of wingnuts out there!!

Cheers from Toronto.....Heather

Old November 17th 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Nov 16, 5:20 am, April wrote:
Hey, it wasn't me. I've never been a heavy poster in this group, but
I have posted off and on for about 3 years now. The last year has
been a particularly long, dry spell for posting, because I've been
busy with nursing school, but I do know the group rules of not posting
ads. All I wanted to know from my questions was if people were still
using eBay, and if they preferred single specific lots, or mixed lots.

Oops, sorry, had forgotten that you posted before, apologies for
that. I didn't think it would have been you (that why I wrote that how
I wrote that) because you only asked questions (to which I don't
really have much to answer as I don't use ebay).

Aloha,
Maren

Old November 18th 08, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
April

S'okie

I'm amazed at how bad eBay has gotten, which is why I asked. It's
being taken over by cheap chinese crap...even the handmade artisan
jewelry. sigh Seems like the chinese are flooding the market with
super low quality, super cheap landfill fodder. I even went to the
flea market the other day, and it's the same there. Used to be able
to find some unique or antique things...now it's all imported junk.
Do people really buy this garbage? Very discouraging.