Embroidery Machines

Old April 19th 05, 01:56 PM
Stella Fenley

Default Embroidery Machines

Could some one explain to me what is wrong with an embroidery machine when
,on the led window it say thread is tangled but it is not.
The needle will not go down at all.It just makes a grinding noise.Is there a
way that I could check it out to see whats wrong with it , or will it take
an expert to check it out.

Stella

Old April 19th 05, 03:00 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Do you have fluff or a thread tangle caught in your bobbin? A bent needle?

I try first, unthreading all and cleaning really well. Also, change the
needle and see what happens.

Maureen

Old April 19th 05, 03:24 PM
Stella Fenley

THank you ,Maureen but all of that has been done..And I do not know what
else to do to get it to run,I am at a loss right now on how to get it to
work .Stella

Old April 20th 05, 02:02 AM
Valkyrie

Did you take out the bobbin casing and make sure there isn't a piece of
thread, fabric or lint or whatever jamming up the works. I would carefully
check ANY moving parts for a jam. If anything makes your machine grind to a
halt it will almost always say a thread jam or break. I'd say if you weren't
comfortable removing casing so you can see inside the works you're going to
have to take it to the shop.

One other thought......there was a lady in one of my sewing classes who was
always having this problem. That's when the repair guy came out and gave us
a lecture on the evils of canned air. He was fixing her machine for about
the 3rd time and taken the bottom off of her machine and you could see bits
of thread and what looked like little pinked (as in pinking shears) bits
tangled up in the works that moved up and down and around and like that.
Twernt pretty......twas also expensive.

Val

.. .