OT - Woo hoo! I have red headed grandson!!!!

Old March 9th 05, 06:31 AM
Polly S.

Default OT - Woo hoo! I have red headed grandson!!!!

great big huge freakin smile

Thank the gods! He's a keeper! =)

http://saxoncreek.com/zachary/

Yep... her water finally broke after 4:30 this afternoon and she had a
few easy contractions them BAM!, the room filled up with people and just
5-6 contractions and a few good pushes later...

Zachary Phoenix Stewart - 7lbs 3oz - at 5:18pm!!!!!! (a big name for
such a little baby!)

He is absolutely perfect. His hair (I hope he keeps it) is kind of light
but you can still see the red! I hope he is a red headed terror like his
gamma was!!! just kidding! The only problem he had was keeping his
temperature up... he was a bit cold and not staying warm. That meant
she could only hold him a few minutes at a time and then he would have
to go back under the 'toaster'! But all is well now and last time I
called he was sleeping in his mom's arms and she was fading quickly into
sleep herself!

Woohoo! I am so glad the birth itself turned out to be easy for her! She
had quite a few stitches and will not be too comfortable for a few days
but she is already planning to go home tomorrow. I am trying hard to
convince her to stay here with me for a few days. I don't mind changing
those awful 'mr. mustard' diapers and letting her rest. Her roommate is
working out of town right now and I don't want her to be alone. But damn
she is hard-headed... don't know where she got that!!! lol

Oh! and she says thank you for all the thoughts and good wishes! She is
a little surprised that her mom the hermit (for the last 2-3 yrs)
suddenly talks about all these wonderful people and that those same
people care so much!!! =) And I also surprised her with a birth
present... a sterling bracelet, each link a dolphin, her favorite animal!

oh this is so wonderful! and now she has her babies, A-Z, (Austin and
Zachary)! My son swears I will have to wait 10 yrs for any more babies
though!

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 06:34 AM
Dr. Sooz

Now THAT rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But ---- they couldn't name him Patrick? What the &*@#%&^ is *wrong*
with them???!?!?!?!??!

haw haw haw haw haw

Old March 9th 05, 06:53 AM
Shirley Shone

Congratulations to you all. He is a lovely baby. I hope he gets
everything he wants out of life.
Shirley

In message , Polly S.
writes

Old March 9th 05, 06:56 AM
Anna W.

Oh Polly, that's wonderful news!! I'm so glad mom and baby are
doing fine. Now, come down off that cloud and get some rest!!

Anna W. in Tx

Old March 9th 05, 06:57 AM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Now THAT rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But ---- they couldn't name him Patrick? What the &*@#%&^ is *wrong*
with them???!?!?!?!??!

haw haw haw haw haw

=)

I was supposed to get to pick the middle name and wanted a good
Scottish/Irish name but when she picked the full name a couple of weeks
ago I knew she had connected with this baby and would never let him go.
So I kept my mouth shut... but damn, that is a helluva name!!!

and a funny side note: Jenn's best friend Angie stayed with her from
beginning to end but Angie's girlfriend Tiffany... lol... a small,
tough, very capable young woman, heard the words 'her water broke' and
literally RAN out of the room! hehehe She refused to come back until
all was clean and nice and calm again!

I will NEVER let her live it down and intend to tease her about it for
the rest of her life!!! Especially the next time she swaggers her
'tough' little self through my front door!!! She actually RAN! HA!

(me? I just cried... before the birth from fear and after from relief!)

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 06:58 AM
Polly S.

Anna W. wrote:
Oh Polly, that's wonderful news!! I'm so glad mom and baby are
doing fine. Now, come down off that cloud and get some rest!!

Haha How can ya tell! lol I'll be out like a light pretty soon! =)

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 06:59 AM
Polly S.

Shirley Shone wrote:
Congratulations to you all. He is a lovely baby. I hope he gets
everything he wants out of life.

You are so wonderful! Thank you.... =)

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 07:02 AM
Lilyflower

Congratulations! He sounds beautiful. Isn't it nice to be a grandma??
I confess to a little jealousy, since my son keeps getting older and
unmarried.
Enjoy.
Lilyflower

Old March 9th 05, 07:30 AM
melinda

Polly S. wrote:
great big huge freakin smile

Congratulations

Thank the gods! He's a keeper! =)

http://saxoncreek.com/zachary/

Yep... her water finally broke after 4:30 this afternoon and she had a
few easy contractions them BAM!, the room filled up with people and just
5-6 contractions and a few good pushes later...

Zachary Phoenix Stewart - 7lbs 3oz - at 5:18pm!!!!!! (a big name for
such a little baby!)

My DS was about that weight, he was also born with red hair - baby fuzz
it's now a very blonde, strawberry blonde and curly.

[...]

She's better off staying in hospital for a few days at least, let her get
as much rest as possible!

http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 9th 05, 08:43 AM
Polly S.

Lilyflower wrote:
Congratulations! He sounds beautiful. Isn't it nice to be a grandma??
I confess to a little jealousy, since my son keeps getting older and
unmarried.

You never know what the future holds though!!!

My son has been with the same wonderful girl for about 3 years but
marriage and babies are far away in their future plans. She is great and
would make a great mom... I hope they make it work but they are still young.

--
Polly
---