*Isabel* TO: East coast friends!!!

Old September 18th 03, 06:44 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default *Isabel* TO: East coast friends!!!

I know that many of you are already without power, but IF you get this
message, please know that I am thinking of you.
I'm desperately waiting to hear from my cousin Joanne, who lives in
Springfield VA, and works at the FDIC.gov in DC.
Huge hugs!!!!
Noreen

Old September 18th 03, 07:23 PM
Katherine Burgess

Let us know how things are with your cousin, Noreen. I add my good wishes to
everyone in Isabel's path.
Katherine

Old September 18th 03, 08:46 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:44:19 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

I know that many of you are already without power, but IF you get this
message, please know that I am thinking of you.
I'm desperately waiting to hear from my cousin Joanne, who lives in
Springfield VA, and works at the FDIC.gov in DC.
Huge hugs!!!!
Noreen

Most of the government offices were closed today because Metro decided to
shut down starting at 11 am and announced it last night. Other commuter
services followed suit. It's not that the vehicles can't take it, but they
didn't want people out on the outdoor station platforms in high winds,
possibly getting knocked off balance onto the tracks. Not to mention
waiting at bus stops with debris flying about. The schools are all closed,
too. So far it's not looking all that bad here, just rainy with occasional
gusts taking down leaves and twigs. Oops, there goes the UPS complaining.
Must have been a twitch in the current. Better send this and shut down.
See you all later!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old September 18th 03, 10:49 PM
Johanna Koski

I know that many of you are already without power, but IF you get this
message, please know that I am thinking of you.

I heard this too, when I was after work (quilting class, ended 20.30)
doing other kind of craft: loomworking! Here's local craftcenter having
a 95 year birthday on Saturday. They decided to celebrate it by weaving
rug for 95 hours in a row! I weaved from 20.30 to 22.30 and listened
news
at the same time.

I hope everyone will be ok, and there would not be too much damage and
floods. After all, we are pretty helpless in natures way.

Johanna

--
Johanna Koski
Finland, Europe
Old September 19th 03, 12:19 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Helen and Spampot, glad you were able to post, and that you're OK!!!
I heard from Joanne:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:31:56 -0400, Joanne wrote:
Hey - not to worry. You are so sweet. Since the Federal
Government is closed today because of Big Is, and since the FDIC
follows what the government does, I am at home today. So is
Alexandra since Fairfax County closed schools today too. Right now
there are some swirling winds and some light rain with. It
actually gets quite light as the 'rings' swirl in and around us.
All of our 'projectiles' have been cleared from the yard; the mail
man came early, dry cleaners too, and even the trash guys were here
early. So, we are ready with flashlights, candles, books, and
right now, a movie. Will email you when all is done and
electricity is back on (should we lose it).

Appreciate the email -

Hugs,

Joanne

Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old September 19th 03, 01:12 AM
Stella Fenley

Noreen ,thank you for being concerned the biggest majority of my family
lives in N.C. and some of my cousins live in Chesapeake ,Va.,My baby sister
and her family lives ,1 miles from where it came ashore on the coast in
Beaufort near the Pamlico Sound.I haven't heard from them yet hopefully
soon.keep them all in your prayers please and if you do I thank you all very
much.Stella

Old September 19th 03, 02:45 AM
Karen

Noreen, your cousin is so organized and prepared! (I'd probably still be
out buying batteries for the flashlight). Thoughts and prayers are with
them!

Karen in MN

Old September 19th 03, 02:50 AM
Karen

Stella, I'm keeping your family in my prayers. Sounds like with the notice
of it coming, people were as prepared as they could possibly be in this, but
it also sounds like there are lots of power outages -- that has to be one of
the most frustrating parts of situations like this, the inability to get
word out because of power or phone line outages. Our thoughts are with you!

Karen in MN

Old September 19th 03, 04:49 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:12:09 -0500, Stella Fenley wrote:
Noreen ,thank you for being concerned the biggest majority of my
family
lives in N.C. and some of my cousins live in Chesapeake ,Va.,My
baby sister
and her family lives ,1 miles from where it came ashore on the
coast in
Beaufort near the Pamlico Sound.I haven't heard from them yet
hopefully
soon.keep them all in your prayers please and if you do I thank you
all very
much.Stella

Oh, Stella, of COURSE they're in my prayers. I've been in contact
with my cousin, see my update.
If anyone on MY end can help with contacting anyone on YOUR end,
Stella, contact me offlist and we'll work on this together.
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Message for animaux COL. BILL KILGORE Needlework 392 February 15th 04 09:41 PM
Sad way to start the New Year M. Wetmore Quilting 44 January 15th 04 07:21 PM
East coast quilters Laura Gilbert Quilting 5 January 8th 04 07:34 PM
East coast quilters AliceW Quilting 1 November 4th 03 02:57 AM
Calling all east coast quilters! AliceW Quilting 23 October 27th 03 12:06 PM