OT ~ Roses in the garden

Old May 26th 04, 10:40 PM
AmazeR

On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:05:45 -0500, Margie wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2004 21:58:03 -0500, "starlia"
wrote:

Great tip Margie. I'm off to plant garlic by my roses tomorrow.

Make sure you plant the right end of the garlic. It really does work.

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

And soapy water sprayed onto them... Aphids hate it!

I use the used laundry water...

Mavis

Old May 27th 04, 04:05 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

YEP, what the heck is fish emulsion, where do you get it, and how do you
keep your cats from going psycho after it? LOL
--
Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I have a hard time keeping roses happy. What is your secret? I'm allergic

chemicals, so I don't spray them, and I think that's probably the

problem.
We have lots of aphids and some black spot.

I'm not Mj, but I wash my roses with hard water spray to rid them of

aphids.
And I use fish emulsion to keep them strong, so they're not as likely to

get
black spot....but when they do get that junk, I'm nuts about removing the
infected leaves. But I have almost no roses where we live now. Does any

of
that help?
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 27th 04, 09:52 AM
Dr. Sooz

YEP, what the heck is fish emulsion, where do you get it, and how do you
keep your cats from going psycho after it? LOL

Hardware stores and garden centers sell it by the gallon. I can't remember
what it is (the jug is outside, and it's 2 a.m.). Cats love it. You can't
stop them from being psycho, about it or anything else! Haw haw haw
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 27th 04, 12:47 PM
Kandice Seeber

Ooooh, lovely and inspiring too! Great pics, Mj.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Some of our roses are already past their peak bloom, but others are just
coming on strong. Here's a few pink ones (and one lavender!) to drool

over:

http://www.halseytrading.com/rose1.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose2.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose3.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose3a.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose4.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose5.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose6.JPG
http://www.halseytrading.com/rose7.JPG

OR if you're on a *really* fast connection you can try this one page that
has they all:

http://www.halseytrading.com/roses2004.htm

Enjoy!

Mj
--
Marjean Cline - Certified Bead Enabler

OT The garden Jan G Beads 4 April 24th 04 03:58 AM
AD: Rose Garden On ebay --Beadbimbo Beadbimbo Beads 6 March 25th 04 03:17 PM
AD: Mints & Roses starlia Beads 15 March 19th 04 06:01 PM
AD: Floral Fantasy Garden Pendant CrystalLuv Beads 0 September 4th 03 06:32 PM
Ad: Garden Fantastique - New Lampwork Beadesignr Beads 8 August 4th 03 04:14 PM