Wide Tablecloth Fabric

Old April 6th 05, 03:07 AM
Judy s

Default Wide Tablecloth Fabric

Anyone know of a source in the US for wide washable(polyester or blend)
tablecloth fabric? At least 80" wide, don't want to have seams.
Thanks!

Old April 6th 05, 03:22 AM
Linda Sweigart

Try some of the quilt fabric shops. There's a fair variety of fabrics up to
108" wide, intended for the backs of quilts.

Linda

m...

Old April 6th 05, 06:52 AM
BEI Design

"Judy s" wrote in message
m...
Anyone know of a source in the US for wide washable(polyester or
blend) tablecloth fabric? At least 80" wide, don't want to have
seams.
Thanks!

A search on e-quilter.com with "80" wide" (in quotes) produced lots of
hits:
http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_search.html
You might find something there.
NAYY,

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old April 6th 05, 04:48 PM
Judy s

Thanks, but I need a wash and wear fabric, not cotton. I could swear I've
seen the wider poly tablecloth fabric somewhere. I think Fabric.com had some
a while back but they don't have it now.
"BEI Design" wrote in message

m...

Old April 8th 05, 02:07 AM

8:48 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
From: "Judy s" - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:48:58 GMT
Subject: Wide Tablecloth Fabric
original | Report Abuse

Thanks, but I need a wash and wear fabric, not cotton. I could swear
I've
seen the wider poly tablecloth fabric somewhere. I think Fabric.com had
some
a while back but they don't have it now
---
Judy, try Hancock online. I know their stores stock the wider poly
blend tablecloth material, and TSWLTH may also stock the same.
Cea

Old April 11th 05, 02:06 PM
Welmoed Sisson

One of the fabric lines I carry in my home dec business is from a
company called Ado. Their "claim to fame" is that ALL of their fabric
is 118" wide and ALL of it is machine-washable. They have a tremendous
selection of fabrics that run the range from damasks to linen-looks to
crushed velvet looks. You can contact me at
if you'd like more information.

Hope this isn't too much like an ad... just wanted to help out.

--Welmoed

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:48:58 GMT, "Judy s"
wrote:

Thanks, but I need a wash and wear fabric, not cotton. I could swear I've
seen the wider poly tablecloth fabric somewhere. I think Fabric.com had some
a while back but they don't have it now.
"BEI Design" wrote in message

m...

Old April 11th 05, 03:44 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

Because the fabric was requested and because you also gave your source of
the fabric, I cannot see how your helpful post could be construed as
advertising. Chill! There have been some pretty snappy posts lately that
have people on edge - mainly because the newsgroup has been inundated with
sneaky sales pitches.
Cynthia

wrote:

Thanks, but I need a wash and wear fabric, not cotton. I could swear I've
seen the wider poly tablecloth fabric somewhere. I think Fabric.com had

some
a while back but they don't have it now.
"BEI Design" wrote in message

m...

Old April 11th 05, 04:47 PM

Welmoed Sisson wrote:

Hope this isn't too much like an ad... just wanted to help out.

Don't worry, Welmoed. If anybody says anything to you, I will go punch
them in the nose.

Melinda, who has hung out on this NG off and on for at least 10 years
and has gotten *tons* of help and lots of inspiration from it and
benefited greatly
Old April 11th 05, 09:53 PM
Judy s

I was looking for it for a friend, and we ended up getting some online at
Hancocks. She needed red. It was 72" wide but we will have to seam which was
OK with her. Thanks for all the info.
Judy

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...