TIDBITS 05/09/04

Old May 10th 04, 12:56 AM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 05/09/04

If any of you want Tidbits emailed directly, let me know and
I'll take care of it. Additionally, if you have friends who you
think would enjoy Tidbits, please make them aware of us.
URL (http://www.tyler-adam.com)

======================================
A Touch of Ivory

Gorgeous and Stunning comes in two basic shades. There's
Gorgeous and Stunning ... and there's Gorgeous and Stunning.
The second one--for those of you who have an ear for these
nuances--surpasses the first by far. Which brings me directly
to that time--Opium Wars aside--when the China Trade was
flourishing partly due to Tea being introduced to a western world
hoi-polloi who had never before experienced this delectable drink.

Which brings me to my little image for the week ... and the
incredible craftsmanship that grew out of that time. I can not
laud or exalt or glorify or extol or even magnify enough the
magnificence or even the splendorositousness of the item
you are about to see. It's a China Trade ivory sewing box with
workmanship such as you will most likely never again see. This
my friends is a literal statement ... and so secure am I in this
utterance that there exists not a twinkling of worry that I might be
overselling the item ... leading you--dear reader--on to an ever
descending slope of disappointment which will only lead to a
black hole of anti-climax after viewing this box. Nay nay dear
souls ... this is a must see for you will never see this quality of
workmanship again. Unless of course you do ... but that's another
story.

Our hand-carved ivory sewing box depicts Europeans in scenes of
daily life. I do not have a value on it. I do not even know if there
is a value on it. To the highest bidder and all that. I will show you
two images. One of the box ... and one of an enlarged panel on the
box. The artist--whoever he was--has my complete and total awe. Was
he a genius ... or was he insane? Perhaps one needs a little of both
plus an inordinate amount of patience in order to achieve this level
of art.

So ... I've said my piece. Go ... take a look ... and get back to me
.... and let me know if you think I was exaggerating. A quick aside.
This is a rather large image and may take some time to load. I did
this in order to give you a closer view at the detailing. Forgive the
insufferable wait-time which I'm sure could have been better spent
doing other things ... though I can't image what.

For those of you who are new to this thing called Tidbits...may I
direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where you
will scroll down the left side menu till you get to the area that says
Tidbits Graphics ... and then click on the link that says: China ...
where you'll see an image of the China Trade Ivory Sewing Box.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our home
page. All rights reserved.
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE E-MAIL NEWSLETTER: TIDBITS
Available From Our Home Page At:
http://www.tyler-adam.com
Any Day-Gifts Galore-Visit Tyler-Adam Corp.
--Browse the vast resources of TAC-Bourse--
--Our Diamond Search Engine--
TYLER-ADAM CORP.--Jewelry Manufacturers
Tel: 1-800-20-TYLER
E-Mail to:

TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 October 24th 04 11:59 PM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 October 24th 04 09:27 PM
TIDBITS 05/09/04 Benjamin Mark Beads 1 May 10th 04 10:09 PM
TIDBITS 05/09/04 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 May 10th 04 01:50 AM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 2 July 21st 03 05:22 AM