Oribe Book on Ebay

Old January 21st 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Default Oribe Book on Ebay

Jean found this large format photo book at the big used booksale at
Tobu in Mooka, near Mashiko (hometown of Shoji Hamada.) Difficult to
find, published by Kodansha 1976, 263cm X 358cm (10 X 14 inches),
30pages , 66 color plates with additional black and white. All
writing is in Japanese. Soft cover, good condition, minor wear.

These are some of the best photos of famous old oribe
work. Some images are life sized, so you can easily see the detail
Oribe copper green predominates, from green-brown to, blue-green to
bright glassy greens like those of Warren MacKenzie. I am only
selling this because I have another copy.

Lee is a potter who finished a 3 year apprenticeship with Tatsuzo
Shimaoka in 2003 and established a pottery in Mashiko and Jean is a
woodblock printer. We moved to Mashiko, Japan from Saint Paul,
Minnesota.

Shipping to the USA and Canada is $7.00 Insurance optional
(please inquire about the added cost.)

--
Lee in Mashiko, Tochigi Japan
http://mashikopots.blogspot.com/

"Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the
tea. Then you drink it properly. That is all you need to know."
--Sen No Rikyu
"Let the beauty we love be what we do." - Rumi