variegated thread on a cone?

Old June 30th 04, 12:38 AM
Kristen L. Renneker

Default variegated thread on a cone?

ok...i know after i post this i'll google and find what i'm looking for, but
here it goes...

I need a large amount of rainbow variegated thread...i've only ever seen it
on relatively small spools, but i know i'll need a lot to finish this
project, so i'm hoping to get a cone, figuring it will be cheaper than buing
many small spools.

have any of you seen such an animal?

************************************
Kristen L. Renneker

Old June 30th 04, 12:52 AM
Mary in Rock Island IL

"Kristen L. Renneker" wrote:

ok...i know after i post this i'll google and find what i'm looking for, but
here it goes...

I need a large amount of rainbow variegated thread...i've only ever seen it
on relatively small spools, but i know i'll need a lot to finish this
project, so i'm hoping to get a cone, figuring it will be cheaper than buing
many small spools.

have any of you seen such an animal?

************************************
Kristen L. Renneker

Yup. Try http://www.fabricartshop.com/newsite/
They had serger size cones of thread at NQA this past weekend.

Mary
Old June 30th 04, 01:03 AM
Kristen L. Renneker

"Mary in Rock Island IL" wrote in message
"Kristen L. Renneker" wrote:

ok...i know after i post this i'll google and find what i'm looking for,

but
here it goes...

I need a large amount of rainbow variegated thread...i've only ever seen

it
on relatively small spools, but i know i'll need a lot to finish this
project, so i'm hoping to get a cone, figuring it will be cheaper than

buing
many small spools.

have any of you seen such an animal?

************************************
Kristen L. Renneker

Yup. Try http://www.fabricartshop.com/newsite/
They had serger size cones of thread at NQA this past weekend.

Mary

wow! that was quick...and perfect!!! thanks a lot!!!!

kristen

Old June 30th 04, 05:14 AM
Polly Esther

Kristen, there's a deeply imbedded proof-reader strain in me. It was scared
into me by a terrifying 9th grade typing teacher and got worse over the
years. If it is not terribly rude of me to ask, why do your posts ignore the
capital " I "? If this is something young people do and I'm just not "with
it", I really will try to adjust. It is so hard for me to pay attention to
what you're saying when some of my brain is wanting to hit the backup key.
Please bring me (gently) up to date. If I can learn to send email and
operate the coffee pot, maybe I can understand. I truly mean to ask this
sweetly, I just am without a clue. Polly

Old June 30th 04, 01:37 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Polly, my beloved son (who is *not* an ignorant slob) writes both
handwritten letters and emails with no caps, and sometimes no punctuation.
It drives me nuts, but I've learned to get past the surface and enjoy the
essentials of his letters. Yes, it's a modern trend. There isn't a thing
we can do about it. Pardon me while I go into a quiet corner and scream
about how the world is falling apart, and what happened to simple courtesy
and manners, and nothing is like it used to be, and what ever happened to

Carolyn in The Old Pueblo, who is never going to give up capitalization and
using punctuation.

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

ink.net...

Old June 30th 04, 01:37 PM
Kristen L. Renneker

Sorry...

It's me being lazy. Half the time I go back and fix them, often I don't
think of it. I never took any typing courses and so there was never anything
drilled into me in that regards. so, when I'm typing, the shift key is not
natural. If i'm posting on a message board that has a preview screen I'm
more likely to go back and fix them, because I do see how bad it
looks...here I usually just type a message out quickly and hit send. Though
I've read that in handwriting the use of a lowercase "i" is a sign of low
self esteem...wonder if it works the same way in typing? g

I know what you mean about not being to pay attention to the content of a
post because of some grammatical/style issue of the writer. My issue is with
people who can't spell...I mean truly can't spell and don't use
spellcheck...or they don't know the difference between sight/site...
there/their/they're... weather/whether...where/wear/we're. I've seen some
convoluted sentences, no punctuation, etc. and it drives me nuts.

I try to keep my posts coherent (though last night I had already had a
couple of cocktails but that capital "I" is one that usually slips right
by me.

So, there's my confession...I can admit when I'm wrong I promise I'll
make more of an effort G

Kristen

Old June 30th 04, 02:07 PM
Roberta Zollner

This is actually an interesting issue. Yesterday I listened to a lecture by
a German political scientist on American-European perceptions of each other
and the feeling in the rest of the planet that American culture (or lack
thereof) is taking over. After pointing out that nobody twists any arms to
force anybody to eat disgusting junk food or watch brainless action movies,
he said that a large percentage of today's classical music performers and
literature writers come from the U.S. And one reason we have so many
American writers, he said, was because university students are taught to
write. European universities apparently assume their students already know
how. But I have large doubts about this statement!
Roberta in D

Old June 30th 04, 02:17 PM
Patti

Hullo Kristen
At the risk of sounding terminally patronising, can I say how much I
applaud your attitude to this. I was silently cheering as I read
through your piece. Good for you.
..
In article CuyEc.3907$7t3.2632@attbi_s51, Kristen L. Renneker
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 30th 04, 03:13 PM
Polly Esther

Thank you, Kristen, for such a nice answer. I've managed to toss a great
deal of my perfectionist bits aside. It is so much easier, however, for us
old biddies to read when we're not putting white-out on our monitor screens.
Polly

"Roberta Zollner" wrote This is actually an interesting issue. Yesterday
I listened to a lecture by
a German political scientist on American-European perceptions of each

other
and the feeling in the rest of the planet that American culture (or lack
thereof) is taking over. After pointing out that nobody twists any arms to
force anybody to eat disgusting junk food or watch brainless action

movies,
he said that a large percentage of today's classical music performers and
literature writers come from the U.S. And one reason we have so many
American writers, he said, was because university students are taught to
write. European universities apparently assume their students already know
how. But I have large doubts about this statement!
Roberta in D

"Kristen L. Renneker" wrote Sorry...

Old June 30th 04, 05:29 PM
Shirley.Caylor

Kristen, I agree so much with you on the people who don't know the
difference between words. My biggest bug-a-boo are those that use your
instead of you're or no instead of know.

No whut i meen? :~)))

SYC