OT Can we have a roll call.

Old February 6th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default OT Can we have a roll call.

He's doing great, Shirley. Made the Honor Roll last semester, which is
amazing since he was only in Kindergarten for 3 week before advancing to
first grade. He's enjoying soccer, dinosaurs (still) and the new
passions are model rockets and SUPERHEROS. I swear, if I hear one more
thing about Batman....

Stay well and warm! Think of you often!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Shirley Shone wrote:
Great to have you drop by.
The watches are very fine
How is my little man doing.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Barbara Forbes-Lyons
writes
Barbara Forbes-Lyons here. Been posting on RCB since about 2000
(according to Google Groups).

Don't do much beading these days - but still love them. Working in
Polymer Clay, Metal Clay and Chain Maille as well as altered art/mixed
media.

Some pics at http://www.flickr.com/penguintrax

I can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.

My day job is in tech: web site hosting & design, documentation,
testing, etc.

Mama to the bright light of my life, Avner. Married to Jon, a guy
that's as handy as a pocket on a shirt (according to my friend Ellen).
Fur kids include the dawgs Bubba & Babes and a stuck-up cat, Scimitar.
My dear feline friend Ubu left us 3 years ago, come 2/21.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave
Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Shirley Shone wrote:
This group is getting less and less postings lately. Just checking on
google it say that there are 938 people subscribed.
We must have a lot of lurkers.
Can we have some to de-lurk and can the regulars sign in.
I am of course Shirley with several aka's One Madame Tassel, Queen
of the Swaps, Founder of Shirley's Spoon Club.
I have many hobbies as some of you will know which includes bead
work. At the moment I am working on the family history. Since both
our sons were born in Malta whilst DH in the Royal Navy. There is no
record of their birth in UK. So I thought anyone trying to do the
FH in the distant future could come unstuck. So I thought I had
better set to work on it while I can.
Since our back garden is still in the throes of a makeover to make
it easier to maintain, I took the pictures down on my web site.
I have replaced them with pictures of the wild robin I tamed to feed
from my hand. Alas though it is with us no more. Keep hoping another
will come bobbing along for me to try my luck with.
So come on lots hear from you and build the ratings back up on this
group.
Hugs
Shirley

Old February 6th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

I'm here ... I live in the Pacific Northwest with my dh, two young adult
sons, and we share our home with two dogs and a cat.

I started reading r.c.b. in early 2007, and have only been beading /
stringing since then. Lately, I've been trying to do more beading than
reading or posting. I prefer bead weaving to stringing, and want to learn
brick stitch, square stitch, and looming this year. And I'm still practicing
herringbone or Ndebele, as some variations continue to be a challenge for
me.

I just started testing patterns for a bead pattern designer, and am also
working on squares for Jeannette Shenigan's breast cancer bead quilts
http://shanigansbeadshenanigans.com

Oh, and check out my contribution to the Beading for a Cure foundation
auction at
http://www.beadingforacure.org/galle...ery9Kathy.html and check out
the rest of the 2009 Gallery while you're there. These pieces will be
auctioned off through eBay beginning March 1. This was a fun challenge,
coming up with a piece based on the colors / beads provided in the kit. I'm
already looking forward to trying the challenge again this year.

Bead well,
--
KathyZ

Old February 6th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carl R

Hi, my name is Carl and my wife and I live in Las Vegas, NV - originally
from Portland, OR. Although we sometimes miss the green landscape and all
the water of the Pacific NW, we certainly don't miss the rain or days of
shoveling snow off the house front entrance. Although we did get 4 inches
of snow in Las Vegas in December, thankfully it was gone the next day.

Being a new beader I read this newsgroup and appreciate all the tips and
techniques that are shared. I have attempted lampwork beads - um, don't
think that is my calling. I am concentrating on fused glass pendants and
incorporating these with gemstones for necklaces and bracelets. I am
exploring new ways to attach the pendants, other than drilling a hole and
attaching directly or with a bail, and I am practicing wire wrap
techniques. I have completed one pendant with wire wrapping "Queen of the
Eggs" -

My other hobbies/crafts include quilting (my wife likes to help pick out
the fabric), cross stitch and polymer clay. My wife and I have been fusing
glass for about 3 months - we took a class at the local community center
and got hooked! I've listed our websites below if you would like to take a
look at our designs.

I look forward to continued reading on the newsgroup and hopefully one day
I will have some input to the questions that are asked. Carl

For glasswork/beaded jewelry
http://members.cox.net/car-kar/carkar.htm

For other crafts
http://members.cox.net/carl-ryan/index%2008.htm

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old February 6th 09, 08:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Welcome Carl and good lady.

I love your "Queen of Eggs" so very unusual.

The quilts are fantastic. I have had a go at quilting.

Just keep us up to date on the things you are doing.

Shirley (Matriarch)

In message , Carl R
writes

Old February 6th 09, 12:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Wow, Kathy. I'd looked at that Layne's Legacy site in past years, and
didn't realize you were a part of that! Very cool. I remember admiring the
work there many times!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
ers2...

Old February 6th 09, 12:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Nice to meet you and your wife, Carl!

I am totally in awe of your quilts! Wow! What beautiful work! That's
something I would like to try if I had more hours in the day, or if I ever
give up beading and glass!

I've done some fusing, but not recently. Another thing I need to get back
to. It is a lot of fun.

Your wire wrapping looks very nice. I've taken several classes at the Wm.
Holland school, and plan to go up there again this summer.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 6th 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
melinda[_2_]

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
[...]

Melinda, dropping by...
Probably been around as long as Barbara, maybe, but only recently
started making earrings, mostly, for myself, family and friends
http://melinda-mullen.fotopic.net/c1358481.html

I'm on Facebook, DH got me to sign up recently -because my sister
did- and now I'm there more than here... DS Josh started school
this year, we're Downunder the school year starts around the end
of January, so once we settle in a routine I should have more
time to do stuff. I dabble in several different crafts so I
don't end bored with any, if that sounds illogical - I'm Gemini.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old February 8th 09, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Hi gang,

I had to write when I heard about Patti. Got Google working. So then
I needed to respond here too.

I'm Tina, living in my log cabin in Alaska with my husband and his
Queensland heeler (crazy ankle biting bitch). Pete does massage,
Reiki, shamanism, etc and also cots trees and has fibromyalgia. I am
a happy person with organic Depression (my brain gets too full too
fast). I'm a recovering alcoholic (18 years) who thinks most drugs
should be decriminalized if not legal and taxed. I'm involved in a
new engine that weighs about 50 lbs for 200+ hp. I'm a pacifist who
eats Rudolph and Bullwinkle (no Bambis up here). I'm a crafter with
almost sub-normal manual and digital dexterity. And I've been around
here for at least 10 years (until my computer crashed last fall). Oh
yes, and I love OT posts.

I do quite a bit of stringing. My favourite bead weaving stitch is
peyote. I crochet very durable beaded purses. Made jewelry for my
daughter's wedding last Sept. I love the silver spoon I got from
Shirley.

Pete tells me it's supposed to get down to -30F again tomorrow night.
Last month we had 3 weeks of minus 35 to minus 55. And then the temp
went from 45 below to 48 above in about a week. That's the same
temperature difference at going from 20 degrees to 110 degrees in a
week. We had to bring all our frozen foods in from our outdoor
freezer (the wooden box on the porch) to the electric freezer in the
garage.

Interesting comments here about Face Book. I've never even looked at
it.

Isn't it cool that there is such a variety among us in our craft/bead/
jewelry projects.

Thanks for this post.

Tina

Old February 9th 09, 08:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Hi Jerri,

This is the first year I've participated in the Layne's Legacy project. I
stumbled onto the site while looking for info on the bead quilt squares.
When I needed some inspiration a couple months later, I ordered the bead
kit. Then it sat for a bit while I thought about what I could do with those
colors ... and it just all fell together. I'm really looking forward to the
surprise of the colors / beads in this year's kit, and hoping it's something
I can use some new skills to put together. The bead kits go on sale to new
participants on February 16.
--
KathyZ

Roll Call Sally Swindells Quilting 46 September 28th 07 08:48 PM
Roll Call Patti S Quilting 0 September 23rd 07 05:01 AM
Roll Call KathyB in West Oz Quilting 2 January 8th 05 04:03 AM
Another Roll Call The Brown Family Quilting 1 January 6th 05 01:33 PM
Roll Call Sherry Starr Quilting 0 January 6th 05 03:50 AM