Bernina: Used 1530 vs new 220

Old December 22nd 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kathy Applebaum

Default Bernina: Used 1530 vs new 220

"Taria" wrote in message
I wonder about lugging a
computer machine around. That just doesn't seem a great idea to
me.

My computerized machine is the only one portable enough to take to classes
(hard to lug a treadle!) -- I've lugged it for years without problems. As
long as you aren't dropping it or leaving it in the car in the summer, I
don't see a problem.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old December 22nd 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Taria

well, you see there is possibly the problem. LOL
I haven't dropped too many machines but they have been known to dance
around the back area of the car. The heat here isn't kind either.
I guess they are tougher than I think they can be. My 301 is so
handy for classes that don't require zz's. Janome Jems (is it a G or J)
seem to be coming out of the woodwork down here in classes.
Taria

Old December 22nd 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

My computerized machine is the only one portable enough to take to
classes (hard to lug a treadle!) -- I've lugged it for years without
problems. As long as you aren't dropping it or leaving it in the car
in the summer, I don't see a problem.

The 301 is about perfect for that use. With the built-in handle, I
don't think it weighs any more than a FW in a case, does it? Plus it's
stronger and has more work space. Everyone should have one!!! But not
three or four like I do.

--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old December 22nd 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Sandy

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Taria" wrote in message
I wonder about lugging a
computer machine around. That just doesn't seem a great idea to
me.

My computerized machine is the only one portable enough to take to classes
(hard to lug a treadle!) -- I've lugged it for years without problems. As
long as you aren't dropping it or leaving it in the car in the summer, I
don't see a problem.

I *prefer* to lug my Featherweight , but sometimes I need more than a
simple straight stitch for something. I have taken my Bernina to many
places -- including to Arizona for quilt camp or Quilting in the Desert.
My solution to the weight thing is to have it in a Tutto bag -- that
thing rolls so easily that it's a pleasure to have!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 22nd 07, 09:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Patti

Could you not put it on the back seat and use the seat belt to restrain
it?
..
In message Dx_aj.14584$gF4.2023@trnddc02, Taria
writes
well, you see there is possibly the problem. LOL
I haven't dropped too many machines but they have been known to dance
around the back area of the car. The heat here isn't kind either.
I guess they are tougher than I think they can be. My 301 is so
handy for classes that don't require zz's. Janome Jems (is it a G or J)
seem to be coming out of the woodwork down here in classes.
Taria

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 22nd 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Julia in MN

I put mine on the floor between the seats. It can't move much there,
especially if I push the front seat back against it.

Julia in MN

.

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 22nd 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Elly D

That's where I put mine too... we are speaking of SMs when travelling
aren't we..
I have a Bernina virtuosa 153.. suits me just fine buts it's very heavy for
taking to workshops..

Elly

Old December 22nd 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kay Lancaster

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing.]
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:54:22 +0000, Patti wrote:
Could you not put it on the back seat and use the seat belt to restrain
it?

The floor in the back seat is usually safest for machines...

Kay

Old December 22nd 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Taria

I was kind of teasing. The 301 is almost the same weight w/o the
case as the FW with the case and easier to carry. It fits right
behind the seat in the car. Most of my bigger machines don't fit
so well there. I do have a carrier with rollers but I still don't
think it is a great idea to schlep around a computer machines a whole
lot. I am the one that has been drug to the computer sewing machine
age kicking and screaming though. : )

Taria, down to 2 FW's and 2 301's here besides all the assorted other
machines.

Old December 22nd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Taria

I could probably do that. This 6600 just doesn't seem really tough
to me. It really seems sort of fragile. My Bernie 930 really has spoiled
me for tough! It is kind of like a tank.
Taria

Patti wrote:

Could you not put it on the back seat and use the seat belt to restrain it?
.
In message Dx_aj.14584$gF4.2023@trnddc02, Taria
writes

well, you see there is possibly the problem. LOL
I haven't dropped too many machines but they have been known to dance
around the back area of the car. The heat here isn't kind either.
I guess they are tougher than I think they can be. My 301 is so
handy for classes that don't require zz's. Janome Jems (is it a G or
J) seem to be coming out of the woodwork down here in classes.
Taria

Bernina: Used 1530 vs new 220 [email protected] Quilting 37 December 23rd 07 05:33 PM
Bernina 440 QE WitchyStitcher Quilting 6 January 18th 06 12:16 AM
Help, new Bernina 155 Polly Esther Quilting 9 May 12th 04 09:33 PM
Bernina 155? Polly Esther Quilting 10 May 5th 04 04:46 AM
Bernina 930 help? KCK Quilting 7 February 10th 04 02:19 PM