Amusing anger management stitching

Old April 23rd 05, 10:43 PM
Sara

Default Amusing anger management stitching

If this isn't proper newsgroup manners, please excuse me. I stumbled upon
this site through a Google search and just thought it was quite funny....you
know we all have those kinds of days where we like to stitch one of these
pieces haha. Be aware, there are a couple pieces that use a
four-letter-word. Anyway, here it is: http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/

Enjoy the laugh!
Sara

Old April 23rd 05, 11:03 PM
Felice Friese

"Sara" no e-mail wrote in message
If this isn't proper newsgroup manners, please excuse me. I stumbled upon
this site through a Google search and just thought it was quite
funny....you know we all have those kinds of days where we like to stitch
one of these pieces haha. Be aware, there are a couple pieces that use a
four-letter-word. Anyway, here it is:
http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/

Enjoy the laugh!
Sara

Very funny stuff, Sara!

Felice

Old April 23rd 05, 11:21 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
If this isn't proper newsgroup manners, please excuse me. I stumbled

upon
this site through a Google search and just thought it was quite

funny....you
know we all have those kinds of days where we like to stitch one of these
pieces haha. Be aware, there are a couple pieces that use a
four-letter-word. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/

Enjoy the laugh!
Sara

That's funny! You might consider marking it OT next time, for all
it is on topic, generally those who are humour-challenged don't read
the OT's lol

I don`t think it`s a matter of being humour challenged, but who would want
to waste time stitching up such ugly sentiments, let alone framing them! And
would anyone actually like to have them hanging on their walls? I certainly
wouldn`t!

Pat P

Old April 24th 05, 12:58 AM
aeromom

"Pat EAXStitch" wrote in message

[...]

It would just make me feel bad every time I looked at them. What a bitter
and negative way to live with this stuff on the wall.
aeromom

Old April 24th 05, 01:28 PM
BonnieBlue

Oh, yeah...that's something I'd really like to stitch to leave around for
posterity. No thanks.

BonnieBlue

Old April 24th 05, 03:14 PM
Lucille

"Sara" no e-mail wrote in message
If this isn't proper newsgroup manners, please excuse me. I stumbled upon
this site through a Google search and just thought it was quite
funny....you know we all have those kinds of days where we like to stitch
one of these pieces haha. Be aware, there are a couple pieces that use a
four-letter-word. Anyway, here it is:
http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/

Enjoy the laugh!
Sara

Thanks Sara, What a fun site. It's nice to know there are others out there
that have those thoughts on occasion and good for them that they actually
have the nerve to put those thoughts on canvas.

There are some days I would love to do that.

Lucille

Old April 24th 05, 03:43 PM
Dr. Brat

Pat EAXStitch wrote:

I don`t think it`s a matter of being humour challenged, but who would want
to waste time stitching up such ugly sentiments, let alone framing them! And
would anyone actually like to have them hanging on their walls? I certainly
wouldn`t!

I don't know that I would want them hanging on my walls, but I thought
the site was funny. I got a laugh from some of the designs, and it
*was* labled "anger management." I know that when I was having a
particularly rough time at my last job, I had fantasies of stitching a
particular sampler. It was a pastoral scene with lots of sheep and a
traditional Irish blessing. I was going to take out the charted
blessing and re-chart it for an alternative: "Those that love us, let
them love us/And those that don't love us, may God turn their hearts/And
if he won't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles/That we'll know
them by their limping." I took great solace in planning out those
changes, even though I never stitched it. The only point would have
been if I had stayed at that job, then I could have hung it on my wall
to remind me to watch my back and to enjoy the private insult of calling
my co-workers a bunch of sheep. Instead, I got to enjoy a better
revenge: I left.

But to the point, the site gave some of us a laugh. What's wrong with
that? You don't have to want to stitch a design to appreciate it.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old April 24th 05, 03:54 PM
Ann

I'll admit that I bookmarked the site. I have a really good friend who is a
stitcher and there are a couple of kits that I might get as an "extra"
birthday gift for her this summer.

Ann
http://sheepshots.blogspot.com

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message

There were a couple I might have stitched when I worked and put in the
washroom so we could all get a laugh. I suppose the quote about wine
that I stitched and that is hanging over the wine decanter would be
out too - funny how many people get a laugh from that too.

Sheesh! Seems people prefer to disapprove rather than have a laugh.

Old April 24th 05, 05:08 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
Pat EAXStitch wrote:

[...]

Nothing at all - I laughed too - but I certainly wouldn`t want half of them
hanging up, and wouldn`t have a very good impression of someone if I walked
into their house and saw "**** off!" hanging on the wall - and certainly
wouldn`t use decorative stitching for such sentiments.

I love that Irish blessing - now that IS humour!

Pat P

Old April 24th 05, 05:12 PM
scottnh

They were funny---worth a look-see and a laugh. My MIL stitched a saying
and hug it over her toilet to be read in the mirror across the room. It
said---Don't confuse effort with accomplishment. As it was stitched
backwards and only could be read while sitting on the WC it was quite funny.
Clarice AZ?MN