Addiction and quilting

Old March 4th 04, 12:12 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Default Addiction and quilting

I know there have been jokes before about being "addicted to quilting"
but this was too much....

Someone nicely posted a 50% off coupon for JoAnns last week. I printed
it out and today I went shopping. I was out of basting spray and EEK
had to resort to pin basting a little quilt as I didn't have any fusible
batt scraps big enough. sigh.

Got to the checkout and the clerk scanned the spray. An alert popped up
on the register "Verify shopper is over 18 years of age".

Apparently you can get high sniffing quilt basting spray.

I wonder if that's why my stippling is looking better these days -- not
because of practice, but because I'm so um...relaxed.

Or maybe it's really not any better but I just don't realize it because
so many brain cells are now gone.

You'd think if it was such a good drug that they need register alerts
that I would be getting more quilting done than I am :-) Gotta Quilt, I
Need to Quilt! Man, I really got to quilt, and I have the munchies for
chocolate too. (hey, I was only kidding, but maybe there really is
something to this....)

So...if you use basting spray, you really Could be addicted to quilting
(or at least quilting products)

:-)

marcella
Old March 4th 04, 01:06 AM
Debbie

And I thought I was just addicted to the hum of the machines, the smell of the
sewing machine oil, the sizing in the fabrics, the feel of the fibers . . . .

The last time I ran out of basting spray and only had something small to do, I
used a little hair spray and it worked pretty well. Not as good as the real
thing, but in a pinch and for a small area, it was ok. And, of course, it
washes right out.
Debbie in MN
http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/m...xtilearts.html

Old March 4th 04, 12:35 PM
Julia Altshuler

dogsnus wrote:

I've also been known to bury my nose in the material and sniff
deeply.
Naturally, I try to do this without an audience.
Heh!

Funny how blowing one's nose into a handkerchief can be done in polite
company, but enjoying the deep, rich aroma of fresh quilting fabric is a
faux pas. It is the same with the way dogs are allowed to smell us, but
we're not supposed to bury our faces in the soft neck fur and smell them.

--Lia

Old March 4th 04, 02:02 PM
Kathy Brown

I like the "smell" of the fibers, I've noticed.
When I open the door to the sewing room, I can smell the material.

I can top all of you. When is the last time you have buried your face in a
quilt (especially an antique one) that has been airing outside on a beautiful,
sunny day? I don't think there is a more heavenly scent on this planet.

Kathy

http://community.webshots.com/user/katquilts53
Old March 4th 04, 02:43 PM
Debbie

but
we're not supposed to bury our faces in the soft neck fur and smell them.

We're not??? That can't be!! I do it all the time. Of course, in my family
I'm also known for being a little nuts about dogs . . .
Old March 4th 04, 05:05 PM
Pat in Virginia

Actually I think it is just the opposite. IMO, use of hanky in
public is NOT acceptable. A little dab, yes, but a sinus
clearing should be done discretely. If I have a cold, I try to
restrict handkerchief use to private area. I try to find a rest
room to take care of nose problem so I can also wash my hands.
Dogs? Hug 'em up at will!! JMO.
PAT

Old March 4th 04, 05:26 PM
georg

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Actually I think it is just the opposite. IMO, use of hanky in
public is NOT acceptable. A little dab, yes, but a sinus
clearing should be done discretely. If I have a cold, I try to
restrict handkerchief use to private area. I try to find a rest
room to take care of nose problem so I can also wash my hands.
Dogs? Hug 'em up at will!! JMO.
PAT

Given the option of hanky or sans hanky when the nose doesn't give you
an option or time to run to a bathroom, I know what I'm picking... the
hanky or some sort of tissue.

-georg
with the nasty cold

Old March 4th 04, 06:44 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
georg wrote:

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Actually I think it is just the opposite. IMO, use of hanky in
public is NOT acceptable. A little dab, yes, but a sinus
clearing should be done discretely. If I have a cold, I try to
restrict handkerchief use to private area. I try to find a rest
room to take care of nose problem so I can also wash my hands.
Dogs? Hug 'em up at will!! JMO.
PAT

Given the option of hanky or sans hanky when the nose doesn't give you
an option or time to run to a bathroom, I know what I'm picking...

Your nose?

anon
ducking and running (with her feet)

I have a problem. AliceW Quilting 44 January 17th 04 02:29 AM
OT (mostly):My latest addiction - The Sims Kathy Applebaum Quilting 19 August 25th 03 08:17 PM