dvd recorders

Old December 22nd 03, 02:53 PM
Ellice

On 12/22/03 6:23 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

On 12/21/03 6:38 PM, in article ,
"animaux" wrote:

I've found everything from Jimi Hendrix, Louis Armstrong, to Led Zep and
back.
Every manner of everything. I believe we use WinMix. Mark is the one who
does
all that stuff.

Bah - Windows (LOL)!
I am sort of looking for the Poussette Dart Band, Renaissance (the group),
certain Rick Wakeman albums, some other stuff from my youth. iTunes doesn't
have them, but they do add stuff all the time.

LOL - and joining the BAH, Windows. I think iTunes is expanding a bunch now,
particularly since they're selling iPods in mainstream department stores now
- Hecht's down here has them.

Hey, we have Renaissance on CD. DH has some big thing for a group that
played locally in Ithaca when he was at Cornell - so now I have to order CDs
from their site - yup, DH, following a Bar Band from the 80s.

If you want me to try and find you some CDs - we have a large Tower Records
nearby - I think we're going to be there tonight. LMK.

DH is getting an IPOD for his B-day. I meant to tell the annoying SILs to
get him some accessories for XMAS, but, amazingly, have failed to do that.
The last, and pleasant conversation, with the neurotic one took 45 min to
explain that if she's getting me a kitchen gadget for crème brulee - get the
better TORCH - the mix in a packet is inconsequential to me. After that - I
gave up.

Ellice

Old December 22nd 03, 03:56 PM
Cheryl Isaak

"animaux" wrote:

[...]

Which album!!!!!!
And which bar band????/

If you want me to try and find you some CDs - we have a large Tower Records
nearby - I think we're going to be there tonight. LMK.

DH is getting an IPOD for his B-day. I meant to tell the annoying SILs to
get him some accessories for XMAS, but, amazingly, have failed to do that.
The last, and pleasant conversation, with the neurotic one took 45 min to
explain that if she's getting me a kitchen gadget for crème brulee - get the
better TORCH - the mix in a packet is inconsequential to me. After that - I
gave up.

Snicker - I told my sister get DS certain albums - XXX (YYYY group). Still
had to explain it a bunch of times!
Cheryl

Old December 22nd 03, 04:00 PM
Meredith

My cousin wrote a database for our family's Christmas list. You enter
the item, approximate cost, and any specific info such as a weblink or
catalog page. With so many people (~40), it's just easier this way.

It's good to be a geek.

Meredith

Old December 22nd 03, 04:15 PM
Ellice

On 12/22/03 10:56 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

wrote:

On 12/22/03 6:23 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

Bah - Windows (LOL)!
I am sort of looking for the Poussette Dart Band, Renaissance (the group),
certain Rick Wakeman albums, some other stuff from my youth. iTunes doesn't
have them, but they do add stuff all the time.

*snip*
Hey, we have Renaissance on CD. DH has some big thing for a group that
played locally in Ithaca when he was at Cornell - so now I have to order CDs
from their site - yup, DH, following a Bar Band from the 80s.

Which album!!!!!!
And which bar band????/

Turn of the Cards, and at least 2 others. "Duke Jupiter" - evidently they
played at some Ithaca bar, and had a big following. I guess they played
around the upstate area - anyhow, they have a web-site, and last year DH
bought "The best of" - I've been ordered - er, hinted - that they have 2 new
re-released CDs - so I guess I'll order them.

The last, and pleasant conversation, with the neurotic one took 45 min to
explain that if she's getting me a kitchen gadget for crème brulee - get the
better TORCH - the mix in a packet is inconsequential to me. After that - I
gave up.

Snicker - I told my sister get DS certain albums - XXX (YYYY group). Still
had to explain it a bunch of times!

Well, at least this one kind of asks. She's come up with some goodies in the
past. Last year - since she got her box on time - she sent us an extra gift
- Mushroom Gardens! It's just hard to get her to not over worry about
things. Just too wild - one of them recently bloomed again in the basement -
I went downstairs, and thought it was a UFO -scared the beejeesus out of me
- huge oyster mushrooms sticking out. The other - well, that's another
story. A few years ago she sent us a Cross-Stitched "Welcome" - and it's one
of those things that we don't know what to do with - very old-fashioned,
pale pinks, blues - big Xs (I think she used 2 strands of floss, and
should've used 4). Last year, after her fit at our wedding, and DH wasn't
exactly talking with her - instead of talking thru their issues - we
ignored, and swapped gifts. In our box - he got a nice tin - stuffed with a
nice black & dk green crocheted (I think) scarf. I, OTOH, got a heart shaped
box, with a gushy note on it, inside of which is a triangle scarf. Sadly,
crocheted with about 5 kinds of yarn - a couple of which are metallic
eyelash - feels like tinsel sticking into you - and it's soooo small - DH
thought it was a crocheted "Babushkah". Who knows what this year will bring.
I like getting stuff for other people, and putting it all together, and
personally (despite what it sounds like) don't take this too seriously.

Well, back to wrapping!
ellice

Old December 22nd 03, 07:09 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/22/03 1:36 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:23:28 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 12/21/03 6:38 PM, in article
,
"animaux" wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:03:30 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

On 12/21/03 11:25 AM, in article
,
"animaux" wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:03:10 -0400,
opined:

Guess we were lucky but I do know a couple of other people with Akai
components who are still happy like me.

Sheena

I still have my Fisher tuner I bought in the 70s. It's in one of the guest
rooms. Back then, Fisher was top of the line. I also still have a
turntable
with approximately 200 vinyl albums. Of course we have them all on CD
now,
mostly by downloading from the Internet. We didn't feel like we were
stealing
since we owned all the albums already. Apparently a court agrees!

Victoria

I am trying to imagine what you found - I've had very little luck finding
my
old favorites anywhere.
Still have the turn table, may just have to have DH figure a way to pipe it
into the computer and digitize it! I have these ancient blue and blue grass
bits and some favorite bits of rock.

Cheryl

I've found everything from Jimi Hendrix, Louis Armstrong, to Led Zep and
back.
Every manner of everything. I believe we use WinMix. Mark is the one who
does
all that stuff.

Bah - Windows (LOL)!
I am sort of looking for the Poussette Dart Band, Renaissance (the group),
certain Rick Wakeman albums, some other stuff from my youth. iTunes doesn't
have them, but they do add stuff all the time.

Cheryl

I am missing something here - WinMx has no connection with Windows.
Does have people who share a wide range of stuff though.

Sheena

But you need Windows to get in the door!
Or is that in the window?

Sigh
Cheryl

Old December 22nd 03, 08:20 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/22/03 3:12 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:09:21 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 12/22/03 1:36 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:23:28 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 12/21/03 6:38 PM, in article
,

"animaux" wrote:

[...]

OH ok. I take it you mean no Macs can apply! When I originally
downloaded a couple of years ago, could have sworn there was a Windoze
section as well as MacIntosh - or whatever.

I didn't see one!
Cheryl

Old December 22nd 03, 08:21 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/22/03 3:18 PM, in article ,
"animaux" wrote:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:09:21 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

But you need Windows to get in the door!
Or is that in the window?

Sigh
Cheryl

Don't know. But he
http://www.winmx.com/

Yup - Windows 98!

I don't do Windows!

Old December 22nd 03, 10:04 PM
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

On 12/22/03 6:23 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

Bah - Windows (LOL)!
I am sort of looking for the Poussette Dart Band, Renaissance (the group),
certain Rick Wakeman albums, some other stuff from my youth. iTunes doesn't
have them, but they do add stuff all the time.

*snip*
Hey, we have Renaissance on CD. DH has some big thing for a group that
played locally in Ithaca when he was at Cornell - so now I have to order CDs
from their site - yup, DH, following a Bar Band from the 80s.

Which album!!!!!!
And which bar band????/

Turn of the Cards, and at least 2 others.

Interesting - not a well known group!

"Duke Jupiter" - evidently they
played at some Ithaca bar, and had a big following. I guess they played
around the upstate area - anyhow, they have a web-site, and last year DH
bought "The best of" - I've been ordered - er, hinted - that they have 2 new
re-released CDs - so I guess I'll order them.

Never heard of them - but then again, Aerosmith and Boston used to play my
high school dances. (really scary to think about that!)

The last, and pleasant conversation, with the neurotic one took 45 min to
explain that if she's getting me a kitchen gadget for crème brulee - get the
better TORCH - the mix in a packet is inconsequential to me. After that - I
gave up.

Snicker - I told my sister get DS certain albums - XXX (YYYY group). Still
had to explain it a bunch of times!

Well, at least this one kind of asks. She's come up with some goodies in the
past. Last year - since she got her box on time - she sent us an extra gift
- Mushroom Gardens! It's just hard to get her to not over worry about
things. Just too wild - one of them recently bloomed again in the basement -
I went downstairs, and thought it was a UFO -scared the beejeesus out of me
- huge oyster mushrooms sticking out.

I gave my mother one of those mushroom logs once. Mixed luck, I guess those
button mushrooms are hard to grow!

[...]

Oh dear -

Well, back to wrapping!
ellice

First I have to find a missing present for DH!
Cheryl!

Old December 23rd 03, 01:08 AM
Rachel Janzen

Ellice wrote:

Ah, when my dad went to work for them - he actually interviewed with "the
old man" - they wanted someone to head up a new division, build a new
manufacturing plant in Miami - which dad did. I used to go work on the line
- clipping transisters - on my days off from school - when I was in about
7th, 8th grade. That, and he liked for me to hear what was going on - as my
Spanish was much better than his - and there were a lot of Spanish speakers
working in the plant. That said - I give him credit - he had many women as
supervisors - unusual in those days.

Ellice

Electronic manufacturing tends to be a female dominated field, at least
where I'm from. Our small muscle dexterity skills stands us in good
stead. In the electronic manufacturing firm I work for 5 out of 6 of the
manufacturing managers are women. And there's a young woman working
there now that if she stays with the company, has my bet for running the
place in the next 15 years or so.

Rachel

Old December 23rd 03, 12:24 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/22/03 10:00 PM, in article ,
"animaux" wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 01:08:44 GMT, Rachel Janzen
opined:

Electronic manufacturing tends to be a female dominated field, at least
where I'm from. Our small muscle dexterity skills stands us in good
stead. In the electronic manufacturing firm I work for 5 out of 6 of the
manufacturing managers are women. And there's a young woman working
there now that if she stays with the company, has my bet for running the
place in the next 15 years or so.

Rachel

I believe that started back during the war days when women had to manufacture
the military equipment while the men went to war.

For years before I became a grower in the horticulture industry, I was a
weapon
spec solderer. I built high temp pressure equipment for instrument panels in
Boeing jets. I did that for many years and love it. I would do it again need
be. It never got tedious to me. I made a great deal of money doing it. Way
back 20 years ago I made 18 dollars an hour. I also did quite a bit of mil
spec
454, as well. Those terms mean different inspection criteria.

Victoria

Victoria,
I'd have committed mayhem to get one decent inspector when I was running a
test line. I would get these things with huge solder blobs and stamped
tickets (nickel sized or bigger). I'd stop my line and get the bosses from
solder and inspection and point out flaws for ten minutes - about a 100
units that never should have made it out of inspection.

Cheryl