what are u working on?

Old January 15th 14, 10:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default what are u working on?

On 13/01/2014 16:27, Taria wrote:
trying to stir up some interest here. What are you working on?

I'm on a knitting spree at the moment - new grandchild due in the late
spring :-) Quilting is also taking a winter break as the room where I
sew is somewhat cooler than the lounge/family room where I can knit
while DH does things on the computer or we watch the TV.

Lizzy

--
http://lizzyastro.etsy.com
http://www.instructables.com/member/lizzyastro/
Old January 15th 14, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

you do know that we are having unseasonably warm weather? You must have
really lucky stars because this is the warmest, dryest January I remember
ever.
Did you folks over there feel the earthquake this morning? Small but woke
us up with a start. Problem is you lie there and wait for the second when
you
feel the first : ( Yikes.
Taria

"susan price" wrote in message

Sitting in lovely Ojai, CA multitasking laundry and stitching an embrroidery
by Kathy Schmitz, "Be Mine". The center 8 x 10" embroidery is surrounded
with piecing to create a 13 x 15" mini. There is one design for each month.
Hopefully I will finish several months while here this winter. For a sewing
project I've brought my Dear Jane quilt. Again I hope to make serious
headway on the small blocks. The first week we have been here was mostly
taken with settling-in and visiting relatives about 45 miles away. Now that
we are starting our second week I think there will be more sewing time. The
locals would like some rain but we are enjoying the near perfect weather. I
try not to gloat too much when talking with family back in Illinois
suffering through snow and sub zero weather.

Susan

Old January 16th 14, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D&D

I havve been in a quilting slump. I have also lost some photos of quilts I
have made in the past.

I did finish a flimsy lap quilt that I gave to my Father for his 80th in
March 2012. It was a bit late but he wouldnt know that. It was a charm pack
by Sandy Gervais that I cut into tumblers.Coulours were out of mu comfort
zone and it was a pattern I wanted to do.

I started a baby quilt for a freind of DS and his partner. They found that
they were having a girl so I did something in pink, yellow and green
instead. Once again colours are out of my comfort zone but pattern was a
simlpe Chinese Coins. Baby is due next month so I really had to get stuck
into that.
There were a couple of delays in November and again in December where we had
to make rushed and unexpected trips away to visit DH's sister who had been
diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately she didnt last the 12 months she was
given, more like 1 month.

I have another baby quilt to do, this time for a bably due in April. As we
are having a heat wave at the moment I am not even going near the sewing
room until it is over.

Dee in Oz

"Taria" wrote in message
trying to stir up some interest here. What are you working on? I am just
finishing a modern style quilt top
that was requested as a wedding quilt. It is not my style and has been
some work getting through it. Now
on to the quilting part. The quilting they want seems to be square loop
meandering from what I can find
online. Anyone ever do that one? Any suggestions? Some day I am going
to get the window curtains/shades
done for the not so new house we are in.
Taria

Old January 18th 14, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Carol Doak's Scrap Scramble BOM Mystery.
The January "block" is actually 9 blocks -- 1 large and 8 small all using
the same design. I've gotten really bored working on them. Might be able
to finish this weekend.

Years ago I didn't want to be a quilter because I thought it would be
boring. Here I am ten years later, and I'm just first finding a boring
part. So I guess I can't really complain.

(Also working on cleaning off my car and shoveling snow. Seems to be
happening every 7-14 days since early December.)

Kay Ahr
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
(used to be Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA)

Old January 19th 14, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
CaroleD-Retired and Loving It

I got a little bored finishing those Scrap Scramble January blocks from
Carol Doak, too, because they took a long time. But now that I have them
done, I really love how they look. I wonder if Carol will be able to give
us the February block in February since she has surgery and recover in the
future. She needs to take as much time as she needs, though, and I have
lots of other things to work on.

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D

Personal Website (Quilts and More)
Shutterfly Website (Travel and Stitchery Photos)

Old January 19th 14, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary[_4_]

I'm behind on Carol's Scrap Scramble so if she has to put things off for a
couple months, it won't be a problem for me.

Mary