Where is everyone?

Old February 6th 11, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Where is everyone?

Just saw your post, Lizzy, and thought 'what a wonderful gift'. I know all
of us can't be 5'10" and blonde. Got that. But I do wonder why little guys
must suffer insults from their classmates about their ears; an easy fix. Or
is it? Polly

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
On 31/01/11 00:09, Donna in Idaho wrote:
I'm only getting 5 or 6 messages per day the last few days. Has everyone
gone someplace else?

Just busy doing stuff, mostly not quilty. I am hoping to have a bit more
quilting time as DS2 & I are now back from hospital where he has had his
ears pinned back. Now he has to have 2 weeks off school. I just hope it
all looks good when he has the bandage off next week.

Lizzy

Old February 6th 11, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 06/02/11 03:47, Polly Esther wrote:
Just saw your post, Lizzy, and thought 'what a wonderful gift'. I know
all of us can't be 5'10" and blonde. Got that. But I do wonder why
little guys must suffer insults from their classmates about their ears;
an easy fix. Or is it? Polly

Relatively easy, though the hardest part as a parent is the anaesthetic
and the waiting back on the ward during the procedure. It can be done
as day surgery, though with children this particular surgeon likes them
to stay in the night afterwards. Also children's cartilage is more
"mobile" and that leads to a better result we were told.

DS2 now looks like a ninja turtle with his bandage around his head. The
bandage comes off one week after the operation and I am keeping my
fingers crossed that DS2 will be happy with the the results. The
surgery was HIS choice, all we did was support that choice. He also
wanted it done before he started his new school in the autumn - new
school, new ears, new start. In the meantime he is squabbling with his
elder brother as siblings do, though I am trying to make sure it doesn't
become physical!

Even better for us was that the surgeon classed the surgery as
"necessary due to psychological factors" so it has been "free" (i.e.
paid for by our taxes) rather than having to have it done privately. In
the current economic climate I am so grateful for that and I shall go on
giving blood in order to feed a little more support back into the system
in my own way.

Lizzy

Old January 31st 14, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
sewnigel

replying to NightMist, sewnigel wrote:
I came across an aricle on Dorset Buttons in my latest edition of Jane Austin
Knits: http://www.interweavestore.com/jane-austen-knits-2013

Old January 31st 14, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA

Absolutely nothing sewing or quilting wise. Busy cleaning house and going through things to throw away. Why?

Because we are MOVING back to Missouri. I can't wait but am determined NOT to take half of this crap with us this time.

Cindy
Old February 1st 14, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 00:46:02 +0000, sewnigel wrote:

http://www.interweavestore.com/jane-austen-knits-2013

Hey cool!

I just finished off a shawl in the grapevine pattern very similar to that
oatmeal colored one in the first row. Mine is a very vibrant purple as
per request of the daughter that asked for it. Blended superwash with a
little alpaca for that.

when it comes to toys and baby clothes, dorset buttons done on a stick
are the way to go. Especially if you are using natural fibers. Natural
fibers usually break down somewhat if they get eaten. Plus dorset buttons
are easily replaced.

NightMist
Old February 1st 14, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Cindy from GA" wrote in message

Absolutely nothing sewing or quilting wise. Busy cleaning house and going
through things to throw away. Why?

Because we are MOVING back to Missouri. I can't wait but am determined NOT
to take half of this crap with us this time.

Cindy

I am glad you are happy about the move! Good luck in getting things packed
so you can find them once you get to your home!
Barbara in SC during the summer and Florida in the winter