Anyone know of a source for this fabric? ....

Old December 12th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Jim Thompson

Default Anyone know of a source for this fabric? ....

Anyone know of a source for this fabric? ....

http://www.analog-innovations.com/Bl...peMaterial.pdf

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Old December 12th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone know of a source for this fabric? ....

http://www.analog-innovations.com/Bl...peMaterial.pdf

Is it like a lightweight (almost handkerchief-weight) cotton, which
could mean it's pillow ticking? (You can Google for pillow ticking and
see if it looks the same.)

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old December 13th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Joy Beeson

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:02:03 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone know of a source for this fabric? ....

http://www.analog-innovations.com/Bl...peMaterial.pdf

I don't click on a PDF any more often than I can help, but the
comments sounds as though you guys are talking about a ticking stripe.
Early in the twentieth century, downproof fabric for making feather
ticks -- the cases of pillows and featherbeds -- was a strong, dense,
twill-woven cotton that always had narrow yarn-dyed stripes each
consisting of a very narrow indigo stripe flanked by a pair of
two-thread indigo stripes. The background was white, but not a
brilliantly-bleached white. Black threads might be substituted for
indigo-dyed threads after black dyes got cheap enough to use on
utilitarian fabrics.

This pattern continued to symbolize bedding for a long time after we
quit stuffing our pillows with goose feathers, and is still sometimes
called a "ticking stripe" when printed on or woven into modern
fabrics.

None of the "ticking striped" fabrics I've seen lately are actually
ticking.

Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing

Looking for a source for this fabric... Carissa Quilting 11 October 1st 06 11:53 PM
lycra fabric source? Joy Hardie Sewing 7 October 26th 04 05:31 PM
looking for fabric source M Soranno Quilting 0 June 23rd 04 05:26 PM
Fabric Source Sharing/ I SPY!!! [email protected] Quilting 3 April 8th 04 02:14 AM
Fabric Source frood Quilting 3 November 14th 03 02:53 PM