a 'dyeing' query

Old May 7th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a 'dyeing' query

YarnWright wrote:
I'm not Katherine, but am responding... I'm not YET, but my mother
sure is! "when I'm an old woman, I shall wear purple, and a red hat"

Tell me, when IS one mature enough to be a member?

50 is the qualifying age.

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 7th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Eastern Edge" wrote in message
oups.com...

Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:

You could send the quilt, too. g

Ummmmm.....only if you can tell me how to detach the small boy that
loves his Toronto Maple Leafs quilt!

I could take him, too. He is a sweetie, after all. g

Higs,
Katherine

Sorry, no, that one's a keeper! Here he is:
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui...?.dir=/5816re2

Michelle

Such a beautiful son you have. Nice quilt too!
Thanks for sharing,
Carol in TN

Old May 7th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , " Christine in Kent,
Garden of England"
wrote:

My Mum had the cataracts in both her eyes done in the same way O, at
different times, and couldn't speak highly enough of the operation
and its success. She wasn't well enough for a general anaesthetic,
but said the only problem was knowing what was going on!! Glad it
worked for you so well too, and hope the next one is as good
Love & higs
Christine

Not all eye operations are done with lasers, Cataracts cloudy lenses
are removed as one. I have watched this operation, on TV as well as
in a clinick in Holland when Otto's eyes were done. It is amazing to
watch. With a new lens, and sometimes corrections in glasses,
sometimes no glasses needed at all it is one of the most wonderful
things I think.

You watched Otto's operation???? What a brave lady you are!

Higs,
Katherine

It is not that bad, Jan, BL had a video made. He always does that so they
can see how things went etc. We all got to see it. You can always get up
and walk out. It was interesting to see. Very clever how they use
microscopes to do all that very fine surgery in an eye. Everything is
small.

Els
Old May 7th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Tell me, when IS one mature enough to be a member?

50 is the qualifying age.

Higs,
Katherine

Noreen, that does not necessarily mean that one is mature at 50 though.......LOL

Els
Old May 7th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

You can become a member at any age, but if you're under 50 you must wear
a pink hat and lavender clothes. You must be 50 to wear a red hat.

And I think the whole point is that we don't have to be mature at 50 :P

BB

Old May 7th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Els van Dam" wrote in message

Not all eye operations are done with lasers, Cataracts cloudy lenses are
removed as one.

They used to be Els, but not any more. Now they use a very fine ultrasound
probe to break the lens up and then it is aspirated (sucked) out.
http://www.clinicareinoso.com/conditns/qx_cat.htm

There are lots of different reasons to use lasers for eye surgery. One is
the LASIK surgery to the cornea which is the one for short-sightedness.
http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/lasik/

Another is for surgery on the back of the eye, or retina, which would
probably be the issue for someone with bad diabetes.
http://www.seewithlasik.com/docs/las...-disease.shtml

Eimear

Old May 7th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"BB" wrote in message
.. .
You can become a member at any age, but if you're under 50 you must wear a
pink hat and lavender clothes. You must be 50 to wear a red hat.

And I think the whole point is that we don't have to be mature at 50 :P

Read in a store somewhe "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is
optional".
It's my mantra! LOL!

Eimear, who spent yesterday with a group of friends at a quilt show - lots
of oohing and aahing and laughter!

Old May 7th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article gjp7g.135915$P01.6456@pd7tw3no, "ejk" wrote:

"BB" wrote in message
.. .
You can become a member at any age, but if you're under 50 you must wear a
pink hat and lavender clothes. You must be 50 to wear a red hat.

And I think the whole point is that we don't have to be mature at 50 :P

Read in a store somewhe "Growing old is mandatory; growing up is
optional".
It's my mantra! LOL!

Eimear, who spent yesterday with a group of friends at a quilt show - lots
of oohing and aahing and laughter!

sounds like you had a good time, those are the best, meeting with other
textile friends.

Els

natural dyeing Els van Dam Yarn 0 August 23rd 05 03:27 AM
Dyeing Silk Yarn cariadai Yarn 2 March 7th 05 03:31 AM
dyeing with food colouring Els van Dam Yarn 14 July 1st 04 07:17 PM
KoolAid dye question... Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 78 November 9th 03 08:36 PM