Question about home crafting opportunities

Old July 14th 03, 03:51 AM
K.A.

Default Question about home crafting opportunities

Hi all,

To anyone on this list: I had earlier read with interest the question
posted sometime ago regarding Busy Bee Crafters based in Emeryville CA
which purports to pay you to assemble jewellery from home. The
this specific company and said basically it was impossible to make
money.

My question is, has anyone had a positive experience with any of these
"work at home" companies where their claims are legitimate and they
are actually making money?

KA
Old July 14th 03, 03:57 AM
Ronnie Wexler

Yes. About 14 years ago, I worked for a secretarial service that was
called (I think) At Home. They were a national chain, but I don't know
if they are still around. I made ok money typing legal documents,
letters, etc., probably around $100 a week for about 15 hours work.
Not great, but better than nothing at the time. I started an antiques
business shortly after, tho, and had more fun (and made more money, and
bought neat stuff for our house!).

Ronnie

Old July 14th 03, 04:19 AM
Karlee in Kansas

Readers Digest (I believe it was them...) did a story on them a few years back. The general consensus was that it was
more hassle all the way around than it was worth.

For a few better ideas (or at least different), and for a nominal charge, try here
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...0947?vi=glance I'm kicking myself for not
getting this book on Saturday at a yard sale for $0.50. Could have been an interesting read.

All the usual disclaimers apply, the most notable one is NAYY.

Let me know what you find...
Hugs
Karlee in Kansas

--