applique teapots series

Old July 13th 03, 04:55 AM
Dr. Quilter

thanks for the ideas... but I saw two of the kind we want at an estate
sale. it is not so much an insert, but part of the porcelain itself,
instead of having one large opening where the pouring beak starts, it is
pierced, so as not to let the leave teas go.. too bad one was part of a
set and the other not of our style... but I know they are out there!

Johanna Gibson wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:23:36 GMT, Sandy Foster
wrote:

In article ,
"Dr. Quilter" wrote:

talking about teapots. DH has been looking for one that has a mesh or
something of the kind on the inside, right where the pouring beak
starts, so you can simmer the leaves in liberty in the water, but they
will be stopped there and not poured into the cup. anybody seem any of
these? we can't seem to find them here. everybody suggests a hanging
basket, but for some reason that is not what he wants to use.

Larisa, the closest thing I've found to what your DH wants is a teapot

from Upton Teas. It comes with an enormous mesh insert custom fitted to

the pot, allowing the tealeaves to float around almost completely free.
It works *so* much better than one of the little infusers! And an added
advantage is that the tea stops steeping when you take the insert out,
so you don't have to worry about the tea becoming too strong. If you
think this sounds promising, they have a web site at http://uptontea.com.

HTH.

Mat has a teapot that has such an insert. It fits inside the teapot
and is a sort of cylinder shape. Leaves float around at liberty to
brew, but don't pour into your cup.
Since we are serious tea fanatics, we also have many of the tea
thingies you pop into the pot, and also strainers you put over your
cup and just pour the leafy tea into (the strainer catches all the
leaves).
Let me know your requirements and I'll have a bit of a hunt
around...

Yours,

-- Jo in Scotland

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old July 13th 03, 09:18 AM
Kate Dicey

"Dr. Quilter" wrote:

thanks for the ideas... but I saw two of the kind we want at an estate
sale. it is not so much an insert, but part of the porcelain itself,
instead of having one large opening where the pouring beak starts, it is
pierced, so as not to let the leave teas go.. too bad one was part of a
set and the other not of our style... but I know they are out there!

Lots of teapots in the UK are made like this. My hand thrown Jane
Vernon one is - and BIG! I love my 4 pint teapot!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 13th 03, 12:32 PM
DDM

She sure does have some nice patterns. I have her "Pitchers" pattern and
hope to get started on it soon.
Someone here on the group was asking me how close I was to Palmyra recently
( about an hour) and that's where Betty Alderman is.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

"Elena" wrote in message

Those are really cute! I am going to try a pattern by Betty Alderman. It's
called "Teapot Collection" She has a BUNCH of applique patterns, and
Redwork/Bluework patterns. Here's a site with some of them.

http://www.lewiswritingservices.com/betty/applique.htm

The Teapot Collection is the fifth from the bottom.

Elena in Tx, still gathering fabrics for it.

"jules" wrote in message
Asian teapots. These are adorable
http://www.ajpadilla.com/MyOtherQuil...ther_index.htm

--
Jules

Old July 13th 03, 03:07 PM
Elena

I'm picking different fabrics too. Each teapot will be a solid colored
print, and a coordinating print on white. I've got the purples, blues,
bright corals, reds and greens so far. I found a beeeeeutiful yellow rose
print on white, just hunting a yellow solid looking small print fabric for
the rest of the pot. I already have the window shade, background,
sashing/border, and backing fabrics from my stash. (will be the first quilt
I actually had enough fabric in my stash to be a complete part of a quilt!)
Soooo just three more teapots to shop for!

Elena in Tx

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message snipped

I've made that one, Elena! It's a lot of fun to do, though I'd probably
pick different colors if I made it again -- which I probably won't. g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Old July 13th 03, 04:54 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
CNYstitcher wrote:

Just to clairfy, that should be addressed to Marissa...My DH can't stand
tea in any form.

Larisa

I'm so sorry -- to both Marissa *and* Larisa! I got the names
confused....

Old July 14th 03, 01:27 AM
Roz Agulnik

I went into the site to download the patterns and had trouble. I got the
first teapot, but the second won't print. It also says that the others are
coming later. If anyone has all of them, I would really appreciate
receiving copies. You can contact me at . I don't know
if scanning them and e-mailing them will work so you would probably have to
snail mail them. I'll give you my address if you have the patterns. Thanks
a bunch, Roz Agulnik

"jules" wrote:

Asian teapots. These are adorable
http://www.ajpadilla.com/MyOtherQuil...ther_index.htm

--
Jules

You're right, Jules! And if I didn't already have so many things in
progress (including two more projects starting at camp this coming
week!), I'd probably give these a try -- I love tea and teapots! g