what is this ?

Old July 31st 03, 12:18 AM
koalamom

Default what is this ?

Hello all !,

Just got back from my vacation and purchased a few things for my stash
while I was gone. There are some materials on the list for one of
these patterns that have brand or type names that I don't understand.
If someone can help me decipher this, I would be grateful. First is
"Marlitt No. 800". This is a color and brand name of thread that I
don't have a clue about. If anyone recognizes this, please let me
know what the best DMC substitute would be. If DMC regular thread
won't work (i.e; this is a metallic thread or whatever), then let me
know what would work the best to do here. Also, Metallic Silver DMC
283. I haven't been to my local shop yet to search this one out, but
I only have Michaels or Jo Ann Etc. available to me as options to
search from. Thanks very much .....

Julie
Old July 31st 03, 01:22 AM
fishnstitch

koalamom wrote:

Hello all !,

Just got back from my vacation and purchased a few things for my stash
while I was gone. There are some materials on the list for one of
these patterns that have brand or type names that I don't understand.
If someone can help me decipher this, I would be grateful. First is
"Marlitt No. 800". This is a color and brand name of thread that I
don't have a clue about. If anyone recognizes this, please let me
know what the best DMC substitute would be. If DMC regular thread
won't work (i.e; this is a metallic thread or whatever), then let me
know what would work the best to do here.

Marlitt is Anchor's rayon thread. It has a sheen (and, for many, an
attitude) that cotton floss does not. Here's a conversion chart for
Marlitt to DMC's rayon.
http://www.dmc-usa.com/tool/anchormarlitt.html

Also, Metallic Silver DMC
283. I haven't been to my local shop yet to search this one out, but
I only have Michaels or Jo Ann Etc. available to me as options to
search from. Thanks very much .....

This is sold on a spool instead of in a skein. I think I've seen it at
the big chains. You'll probably find it on a card, hanging on the
pegboard. Good luck!

Karen E.

--
_______________________________________
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good

Old July 31st 03, 01:55 AM
Wneedlej

Marlitt 800 is a rayon thread. It's best worked with while damp. Run a damp
sponge over it before stitching so it doesn't fly and also use short lengths.
I'm not sure of the color. I think that's an Anchor product. Also, if you
have a Hobby Lobby near you, they have the DMC 283Z, comes on a spool like
regular sewing thread. JoAnn's or Michaels might have it, too. Good Luck!
Wanda
Old July 31st 03, 03:15 AM
emerald

"koalamom" wrote in message
First is
"Marlitt No. 800". This is a color and brand name of thread that I
don't have a clue about.

This is Anchor rayon thread, colour: white

emerald