Good thoughts please

Old December 14th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Default Good thoughts please

My father had a serious car accident last week. He failed to give way to
another car and t-boned it. As far as we know the other driver has only
suffered a broken collar bone.
Dad is due for his third surgery tomorrow, this will be to start the facial
reconstruction and check on his broken pelvis, leg, arm and knee. He has
numerous broken ribs and one of these punctured his lung , this has since
reinflated. His spleen was removed as well. He has been placed in an induced
coma so at least he isnt in pain and/ or complaining about being in
hospital. This is really hard for mum as she has been left in the city by
herself, had to learn how to use a mobile (cell) phone, with no idea how
long his recovery will take. Hopefully she will be told a time frame soon.
She lives 4 hours ( and doesn't drive or know how to catch city buses ) from
the hospital and we live 6.5 from there. Dad is 78 so his recovery will be a
lot slower.

Dee in Oz

Old December 14th 11, 08:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

omg, Dee. thats some mess he is in. the coma is the best thing now.
gives his body healing time without the mind getting in the middle of it.
with all those injurys at his age, will be hard to be very accurate on time
frame for recovery.
it'll take a long time.
i guess your mum is going to have to learn fast and the hard way.
she really has no choice from the sound of things there for her. :/
does she have any support there at all? where the heck is she staying?
there must be some victim support that can be there with her now and show
her some of the ropes thru these early days. she needs someone there with
her, if only to hold her hand thru it all.
do keep us informed here. man, thats a lot to worry about your end too.

sending lots and lots of healing vibes for your dad and strength for your
mum to cope without too much bother.
hugz to all of you from across the ditch.
j.

"Dee in Oz" wrote ...

Old December 14th 11, 10:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

My thoughts are with you.

Claudia
Old December 14th 11, 10:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 14/12/2011 05:14, Dee in Oz wrote:
[...]

Oh Dee, How awful. All good thoughts and very gentle {{{hugs}}}}winging
their way from icy Lancashire.

Lizzy
Old December 14th 11, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

[...]

Oh. Dee! Your poor mum! And dad, naturally, and you too. Hugs and
speedy recovery vibes on the way.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old December 14th 11, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Dee, I am so sorry to learn of this. My prayers are with you. We
have services available thru the hospitals- social workers and patient
advocates who help with situations like this. Maybe start with some
phone calls to the hospital and find out what services may be
available to help your mother? Good luck.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 14th 11, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Dec 14, 12:14*am, "Dee in Oz"
wrote:
[...]

from our hearts to God's ears....
Old December 14th 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Holding everyne close in heart and prayer.

Ginger in CA

Old December 14th 11, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Oh, Dee, I'm so sorry for you and your mom and dad. The induced coma is
probably a blessing, and I do hope someone associated with the hospital
(either directly or through a supporting organization) is able to help
your mom navigate these new experiences as well as to provide some
emotional support. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old December 14th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Thanks to everyone for you good thoughts.

The social worker at the hospital went on holidays the day we arrived and
the replacement was too busy to see up before we left, so hopefully my niece
will be able to chase her up. The rest is just a waiting game. The cheapest
motel is $110 a night so she will probably be staying with my niece after
that. A lot further away but a lot cheaper.

Dee in Oz

"Dee in Oz" wrote