Curses!

Old December 9th 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default Curses!

The guild's potluck is Monday night and we're supposed to bring 2 new
spools of thread wrapped up in fabric for the gift exchange.

No problem!, I think to myself. I have fabric. I have thread. Except of
course that most of my thread is used, so whole spool is not there. Except
this one spool. But wait, I like that one! I can't give it away I might
need.

Well, I just go to TSWLTH and get a spool of thread. Except they're in the
processing of closing so they can move to a bigger location. And they're out
of thread.

Hmm, well. It's Friday. I take the 20 minute drive to the LQS at lunchtime.
No one is likely to miss me if I'm a little late getting back to the office.

So I read my email. There is one from the LQS. They just got in the
"Blueberry Crumbcake" line from Moda. I have a jelly roll of that. I'm going
to make a quilt from it. I'll need border fabric. And the LQS owner says
it's flying off the shelves. I need it! I need it now! I may need lots of
it since I don't know how big my borders will be!

This is going to be one really expensive spool of thread!

Old December 9th 11, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

If you want to see what's causing Maureen's very expensive spool of thread,
here is the fabric line. If you root around there, you can also see a kit
from the Blueberry Crumbcake line. 'Not' that I would ever buy a kit, but
the kit (it seems to me) loses the beauty of the designs by cutting it into
sharp points. Methinks the fabric should be used with larger pieces and a
gentler pattern. Also 'Not' that I would ever play in subtle colors.
Subtle is just not in my repertoire but the fabrics are lovely. Polly
http://www.crafttownfabrics.net/cgi-...=0&lastm enu=

Old December 9th 11, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

Subtle is just not in my repertoire but the fabrics are lovely. *Pollyhttp://www.crafttownfabrics.net/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=95169...

[...]

This is going to be one really expensive spool of thread!- Hide quoted text -

oh, that's really really pretty. the thread will be worth it hee!

Old December 9th 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

IMO it is wicked to name fabrics after food in this way.
Good luck getting thread :-)
Roberta in D

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:22:50 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

If you want to see what's causing Maureen's very expensive spool of thread,
here is the fabric line. If you root around there, you can also see a kit
from the Blueberry Crumbcake line. 'Not' that I would ever buy a kit, but
the kit (it seems to me) loses the beauty of the designs by cutting it into
sharp points. Methinks the fabric should be used with larger pieces and a
gentler pattern. Also 'Not' that I would ever play in subtle colors.
Subtle is just not in my repertoire but the fabrics are lovely. Polly
http://www.crafttownfabrics.net/cgi-...=0&lastm enu=

al-september.org...

Old December 10th 11, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 07:53:41 -0600, Maureen Wozniak
wrote:

[...]

Just goes to show, going into the LQS is bad for your wallet! But I
love the story and I bet that quilt is going to be lovely!

-Irene
Old December 10th 11, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Sometimes (but only sometimes, few and far between) I thank my lucky
stars for NOT having a LQS or even TSWLTH here in Spain. Now that the
newly elected government has decided to drastically cut into my
already less than substantial physician's pay, I really do NOT need
the extra temptation.

Sigh, why is there so much temptation out there; new fabrics, new
gadgets, chocolate, new machines.....

Claudia

Old December 10th 11, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:22:50 -0600, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

If you want to see what's causing Maureen's very expensive spool of thread,
here is the fabric line. If you root around there, you can also see a kit
from the Blueberry Crumbcake line. 'Not' that I would ever buy a kit, but
the kit (it seems to me) loses the beauty of the designs by cutting it into
sharp points. Methinks the fabric should be used with larger pieces and a
gentler pattern. Also 'Not' that I would ever play in subtle colors.
Subtle is just not in my repertoire but the fabrics are lovely. Polly

http://www.crafttownfabrics.net/cgi-
bin/Store/store.cgi?cart_id=9516988.29285.

s0&product=fb_mda_blbrry_crmb_ck--
s10&productid=hlf_yrd_blbrry_crmb_ck&sales=0
&lastmenu=

I don't usually go for subtle either Polly. But for some reason when I saw
this line I just started to drool.

Yes, I ended up with yardage. And a spool of thread.