New-to-me machine

Old March 1st 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default New-to-me machine

I've been hyperventilating for 2 days now. Saturday I went downstairs
for a couple of hours to quilt. When I came up, David told me my
phone had been ringing off the hook. Turned out my Mom had been
trying to reach me.

To make a long story short, she is now the proud owner of a Viking
Designer SE. And I am about to inherit her Designer 1 and software
and some embroidery designs. (You can see why I'm hyperventilating.)

I cannot believe it. I have a Viking Lily that I love and adore (does
anyone know if all her feet will fit the Designer 1?). And a
reasonably price Brother embroidery-only machine. I like it too
considering how little embroidery I actually do.

When the Platinums first came out, I briefly lusted after one until I
saw the price. I've been happy as a clam with the machines I do have
since then. It has not entered my head for years that I need/want
another machine and now suddenly one has fallen into my lap.

She called again Sunday to tell me she has it all packed up and ready
to go. She briefly thought she might bring it with her on Thursday
when we go to the quilt retreat. But she'll be driving with 2 other
ladies, so the car will be pretty packed. So I probably won't
actually get the machine, etc. for about 2 weeks.

I'm stunned. Just absolutely stunned.
Old March 1st 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
//Mary/mgl

On Mar 1, 4:13*pm, " wrote:
I've been hyperventilating for 2 days now. *Saturday I went downstairs

[...snipped...]
Designer SE. *And I am about to inherit her Designer 1 and software
and some embroidery designs. *(You can see why I'm hyperventilating.)

[...snipped...]
I'm stunned. *Just absolutely stunned.

How totally awesome! Hooray for you!! *cheers*

//Mary/MGL
Old March 1st 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Sandy,

Congrats on the new machine. I went from a Lily to the Designer 2 eons
ago. Yes, they use the same feet! have a wonderful time with it.

I use my embroidery unit all the time-- quilt labels, etc. I made a
king size quilt for my mother's 80th birthday-- I got the Hummel's and
used them for the quilt since my parents have been collecting Hummels
since they got married 60 years ago!

Enjoy!!!

Old March 2nd 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Mar 1, 3:13*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Oh wow, you lucky girl!!!! I'm am so thrilled for you. As soon as
you get it, tell us all about the projects you'll be planning, o.k?
Donna
Old March 2nd 10, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Lucky you.

I have a Lily as well. Two years later my Mom upgraded to the Designer SE
and I bought, but at a very good price, her Designer I. I drive Bert crazy
sometimes when I have an embroidery going at one end of the table and me
sewing at the other end. And yes, as mentioned earlier, your feet will work
on both machines.

Have fun.

Steven
Alaska

Old March 2nd 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

wrote:
[...]

Woo hoo! Enjoy!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old March 2nd 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:14:31 -0600, Mary/mgl wrote
(in article
):

On Mar 1, 4:13*pm, " wrote:
I've been hyperventilating for 2 days now. *Saturday I went downstairs

[...snipped...]
Designer SE. *And I am about to inherit her Designer 1 and software
and some embroidery designs. *(You can see why I'm hyperventilating.)

[...snipped...]
I'm stunned. *Just absolutely stunned.

How totally awesome! Hooray for you!! *cheers*

//Mary/MGL

Thanks. I'm just now starting to get over shocked and heading toward
excited.

Maureen

Old March 2nd 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 16:56:17 -0600, Sandy wrote
(in article ):

In article
,
" wrote:

[...]

Wow! Congratulations, Maureen! I'm delighted for you!

Thank you.

Old March 2nd 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:40:42 -0600, Debbi in So CA wrote
(in article ):

Sandy,

Congrats on the new machine. I went from a Lily to the Designer 2 eons
ago. Yes, they use the same feet! have a wonderful time with it.

I use my embroidery unit all the time-- quilt labels, etc. I made a
king size quilt for my mother's 80th birthday-- I got the Hummel's and
used them for the quilt since my parents have been collecting Hummels
since they got married 60 years ago!

Enjoy!!!

I'm glad to know they use the same feet. I've amassed quite a collection of
feet including walking foot and my favorite open toe free motion foot. Now I
just hope it will fit my table, which was specially built for the Lily.

Maureen

Old March 2nd 10, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:22:18 -0600, dealer83 wrote
(in article
):

On Mar 1, 3:13*pm, " wrote:
[...]

I'm sure I will. I'm sure I'll have to post a couple of pictures of my new
'baby"

Maureen

Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine NE Sailboat Sewing 1 January 18th 07 06:39 PM
janome machine tension control broken + quilting machine suggestions Frank & Renee Quilting 1 May 22nd 05 09:49 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Marketplace 0 December 14th 03 05:52 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Quilting 0 December 14th 03 05:52 PM
Sewingtrader Ebay auctions - Machine Embroidery and Machine Knititng items. DS Sewing 3 July 25th 03 05:17 PM