OT new eye tomorrow

Old August 4th 12, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT new eye tomorrow

Shed some happy tears with me. This evening I was pressing a quilt block and
my new eye 'turned on'. Mr. Esther was standing beside me and I squalled,
"Honey, just look at this". Well, of course, it didn't look any different
to him but for the first time, maybe the first time ever, I really saw the
colors and the patterns. Best I can describe it - it's like taking off
sunglasses smeared with greasy sun tan oil.
Nice doctor says it will be about Sunday at noon for my eye / lens to
really settle, adjust. Something.
This is not to claim that my piecing and quilting are going to be any
better. Probably will still have some chopped off points and wobbly 9
patches but oh my Golly. They sure are beautiful. Polly

Old August 4th 12, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Yeah right; bet you haven't made a chopped off point or wobbly 9.parch
EVER.

So glad your "magic" eye is healing welll and doing wht it is supposed
to.

Can't wait to see your new quilts.

Claudia

Old August 4th 12, 12:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

That's so exciting! Now I want you to go look at your previous quilts
(ignore any chopped points, they are irrelevant) and look at the
wonderful colors. It's amazing what you could do even without full use
of your vision! We're looking forward to great things!
Roberta in D

Old August 4th 12, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

That's really wonderful Polly. I'm so glad for you.
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old August 4th 12, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you.
I may have shared more of the adventure than anyone really wanted to
know but excuse myself with the possibility that my friends here will one
day need to courage to 'do it' too. Polly

Old August 5th 12, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KT in Mich

I seldom contribute here but have followed your messages because they
are so full of joy, humor, and good information. I am so happy for
you Polly! To be able to really see things again --- even your
gators --- must be one of life's most glorious experiences! If you
have sunsets down in the swamp, go look at one soon!

KT. in MI

Old August 5th 12, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

For no particular reason, new eyes brings to mind a paternity suit I clerked
long ago. The judge asked the mother if she was a virgin at the time of
conception.
"Yes SIR, your honor," she proclaimed. "I've been a virgin 3 times."
Well. Anyhow. I surely am enjoying seeing the collection of fabric
here for the lst time. Expect me to go quite goofy in a quilt shop. Polly

Old August 5th 12, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Di, I had surgery more than 20 years ago for a "lazy eye" ( the muscle was
pulling the eye outward.) It didn't hurt at all and I was happy about that.
I am not dreading getting both eyes operated on.
Barbara in SC

"Di Maloney" wrote in message
So pleased to read you post Polly, puts me at ease.
Very happy that you could read the fine print - I can do that if I hold
the writing about 4 inches from my face - depending on the size of the
print.

That's fantastic results.

Di

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Don't know why but I had the mental picture of them yelling for me to
hold still and terrible pain. When finally truly desperate, I asked
around - lots - to find the best dr available.
They hook you up to an iv that makes you quite calm. If you're a
card-carrying coward, they even deaden your hand with lidocaine (sp?) so
you don't even know when they do the iv.
Not 'out', just calm. For just a minute or two they really do put you
out so they can do something, I forget what, and then you're back v-e-r-y
relaxed. I was mildly entertained by seeing the spots in my vision
disappear one by one.
Post op, sometimes my eye feels 'scratchy' but not painful. Just now,
Mr. Esther asked me to read the fine print on his vitamin bottle. I was
able to. No glasses, no contact lens and no magnifying glass. Praise God.
Polly

"Di Maloney" wrote in message
Well done Polly, sorry I haven't replied earlier and wished you good
luck but my son-in-law broke his leg in three places - he's a jockey and
a horse reared in the starting stalls and crushed his leg. He is home
now and recovering after the operation.

Did you feel any pain when they were doing the procedure - how do they
make it painfree?
I would like (not the right word) to have this done but am too scared.
My eyes are growing older faster than me.

Thinking of you.

Di
Vic Aus

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
home. safe. FINE. Woozy dr says he can't believe I could see with my
close-up eye before it was fixed this morning. 'later ya'll Polly
"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 01/08/2012 02:09, Polly Esther wrote:
I get my close-vision bionic lens tomorrow morning early. Please hold
me
up and close. They do it so quickly that there won't be time for a
real
stash raid but you're welcome to try. Bring the gators some chicken
or
an insurance adjustor. No local Inspectors of any kind please; the
gators have had a "belly full" of them. Polly

I read that title as 'Eye Of Newt tomorrow'. Seemed appropriate,
somehow!

Hope all goes well and you can watch the gators consume insurance
adjuster in glorious close-up!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Tomorrow is here Butterfly-Wings Quilting 5 August 1st 11 03:44 AM
Tomorrow Butterfly-Wings Quilting 0 July 26th 11 05:03 AM
Very OT; think of us tomorrow please! Gill Murray Needlework 6 April 17th 05 06:09 AM
What I'm doing tomorrow JoAnn Paules Beads 14 October 7th 04 07:34 AM
OT - Tomorrow Johanna Gibson Quilting 23 May 22nd 04 02:14 AM