Think with me

Old July 19th 12, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Default Think with me

Browns, greens and blues would be my choice

Claudia

Old July 19th 12, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Er, ummm.... Bobbie? Maybe you need to work on the 'subtle' just a wee bit?
LOL Polly

"Bobbie Sews More"
Uhhhh, does that mean you might also be thinking about me being a nice
person and deserving a nice surprise quilt? How nice!
Barbara in wet SC

Old July 19th 12, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Hey Polly you take it easy this week after you eye surgery! I certainly
won't mind if you wait a week or so to work on my blue/green quilt! And
THANKS!
Barbara

Old July 19th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Monday, July 16, 2012 11:32:28 PM UTC-4, Polly Esther wrote:
The Wounded Warriors quilts I've made have all been red, white and blue.
It's crossed my mind that while that is cheerful and patriotic, maybe it is
not such a great choice for a quilt that we would hope will be used later
and somewhere.
Probably the quilt colors need to be masculine. Soothing? Cheerful but
not dazzling? Gray and blue seems good but since this part of the South has
never agreed to the Civil War papers, I don't think I can do those. Surely
gloomy dreary is not good; wonder if *I* can do subtle?
Think with me. Polly

Polly, a guild I used to belong to made quilts for a veterans home, not older veterans, but young guys with war related mental health issues. One night a couple of the men came with the house managers to pick up their quilts and one of them said he didn't really want red, white and blue, he had had enough of the military, he really wanted the Red Sox quilt someone had made. Then the man who ran the house said, they like anything Nature related like moose, bears, etc, or sports.

Just another way of thinking about this subject.
Old July 20th 12, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
barnyowl[_2_]

Whatever moves you for the quilt design in whatever colours appeal to you -
if you aren't happy with your project from the beginning then the quilt
won't be a happy one when it leaves your workroom. You could always develop
a method of inserting a patriotic fabric star in the backing to accent the
label area if so inclined. Barnyowl