Decorating designs for clothes

Old March 12th 05, 04:36 AM
Daisy

Default Decorating designs for clothes

I have a reasonably large stock of beads and sequins. I want to
design a motif for a stretch knit top using sequins and seed beads.
Can someone direct me to a book (or website) that could give me the
method for this please? For instance, should I draw the design on
that press-on rip-off craft material, sew on the beads etc. through it
and then rip off?

I am quite familiar with beading as such (I make earrings for sale)
but have no idea about designs for dresses or tops.

Thanx

Daisy
Old March 16th 05, 06:32 AM
Contrarian

Daisy wrote:

I have a reasonably large stock of beads and sequins. I want to
design a motif for a stretch knit top using sequins and seed beads.
Can someone direct me to a book (or website) that could give me the
method for this please? For instance, should I draw the design on
that press-on rip-off craft material, sew on the beads etc. through it
and then rip off?

I have no idea. Seems like other readers here don't either.
But fishing around on google.ca it appears that TMTOWTDI.
you might ask on:
about ppl's preferences and experiences.

--
but the edge is still Out there. Or maybe it's In... HST (1967)
when i got to the edge , i built a deck % (2005)
Old March 21st 05, 04:20 AM
B Becker

Dear Daisy,
Try this. transfer design to tracing paper. Use a spray adhesive (3M is my
favorite) on the back of the tracing paper. Let it set until it's dry yet
tacky or pin the tracing to the fabric if you think the adhesive might harm
it.
Baste the design on the fabric with a contrasting thread. ussing the stitch
length to mark bead placement. I hope this helps.

Bridget
http://www.stores.ebay.com/treasurenecklaces