off topic. sofi is 8 monts old and can stand and talk!

Old October 24th 04, 02:02 AM
DrQuilter

Default off topic. sofi is 8 monts old and can stand and talk!

sofia has decided it is time for her to stand and talk! and she only
turned 8 months today!
she learnt during the holidays how to say 'holaaaa' while waving, it is
the cutest thing! now she says it to everthing.... looks like the queen
of england, waving at her subjecs....

for the last few days she has been climbing onto things, and letting go,
and trying to hold her balance for a few seconds. well, it looks like
toda she figured i out, she just stands and stays put and looks so proud
of herself!!!

i am a proud mama!!!! ;o)

ps; i figured out i can copy the t and y then cut and paste, but what i
want to know is why i had to be two of the most used letters of the
english language that decided to stop working! at least that is how it
feels...
--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old October 24th 04, 02:41 AM
Maine-iac Rose

I think that your keyboard isn't typing the T's and Y's, the last post about
the pars is the same.
wonderful that Sofia is ahead of the game, I think that I was closer to 1
year, maybe 11 months, but the average I guess.
--
Maine-iac Rose
@---

Old October 24th 04, 02:42 AM
Maine-iac Rose

I just saw the other post that you know about it.
--
Maine-iac Rose
@---

Old October 24th 04, 03:58 AM
Polly Esther

Stand warned! If our precious little darling can stand - in just no time .
.. . as in just a matter of days, she will be up and onto and into everything
in the house. We used to have a kitchen that was sort of, well, the
"designers" called it a gallery, I think. Sort of just a hall with
everything lined up back and forth across from each other in one long shot.
The dishwasher was operated by buttons down in easy reach. The stove, the
same. Our twins could pull up and create mayhem in less than a flash.
Prepare to defend yourself. Polly

Old October 24th 04, 07:40 AM
Debbi

You are in trouble now!!! My DD walked by 9 months and was talking full
sentences by the time of her first birthday. I went through 4 years of
infertility to have her and she REFUSED to be a baby. Today she is 18, at
college and as independent as ever!

Make sure you start moving EVERYTHING out of her reach for the next 4 years.
If your house is not baby proofed, now is the time to do it.

Debbi in SO CA

Old October 24th 04, 12:40 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:02:05 -0700, DrQuilter
wrote:

sofia has decided it is time for her to stand and talk! and she only
turned 8 months today!
she learnt during the holidays how to say 'holaaaa' while waving, it is
the cutest thing! now she says it to everthing.... looks like the queen
of england, waving at her subjecs....

for the last few days she has been climbing onto things, and letting go,
and trying to hold her balance for a few seconds. well, it looks like
toda she figured i out, she just stands and stays put and looks so proud
of herself!!!

i am a proud mama!!!! ;o)

ps; i figured out i can copy the t and y then cut and paste, but what i
want to know is why i had to be two of the most used letters of the
english language that decided to stop working! at least that is how it
feels...

Hurrah! My friend Tanya had a lot of worries about Bogdon, her
second son. He still wasn't talking at age 2 1/2.... but Tanya and
Yuri speak Russian at home, and of course everyone in the street and
shops speaks English. Sometimes bilingual children take a bit
longer... but they get there in the end. He's 3 now and starting to
speak. Quite often, when they do start to speak, it comes out in both
languages. Watch this space...

-- Jo in Scotland
Old October 24th 04, 04:17 PM
the black rose

dogsnus wrote:
DrQuilter wrote in news:2u0e5dF22pp0cU1@uni-
berlin.de:

for the last few days she has been climbing onto things, and letting go,
and trying to hold her balance for a few seconds. well, it looks like
toda she figured i out, she just stands and stays put and looks so proud
of herself!!!

Sofie is doing far better in the walking department than P.J. is at
10 months.

*snort* Don't worry about it so much!

One of my kids didn't walk until he was 17 months old. He's
still not the most coordinated person in the world.

But he taught himself to read when he was 3 years old.

Another of my kids refused to talk until he was almost 2.5
years old.

But started taking broken things apart and fixing them when
he was 6 years old.

We get SO fixated on what our babies do when. *snorfle*

--
Only cowards fight kids -- unidentified Moscow protester

proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old October 24th 04, 04:58 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
DrQuilter wrote:

sofia has decided it is time for her to stand and talk! and she only
turned 8 months today!
she learnt during the holidays how to say 'holaaaa' while waving, it is
the cutest thing! now she says it to everthing.... looks like the queen
of england, waving at her subjecs....

for the last few days she has been climbing onto things, and letting go,
and trying to hold her balance for a few seconds. well, it looks like
toda she figured i out, she just stands and stays put and looks so proud
of herself!!!

i am a proud mama!!!! ;o)

ps; i figured out i can copy the t and y then cut and paste, but what i
want to know is why i had to be two of the most used letters of the
english language that decided to stop working! at least that is how it
feels...

Woohoo! I love it when babies get to the walking/talking/potty-trained
stage. g Can you tell I'm not the best with the itty-bitties?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old October 24th 04, 05:47 PM
Pat in Virginia

That is so true! Somewhere I learned that the 'norm' for
walking is 14 +/- months, but our Western societies tend to
prize early accomplishments and fret if kids are not 'early
enough.' If kiddies are pretty much on track for overall
growth and development, there is not call to worry; this
assumes the child is monitored by pediatrician. So, give the
kid a hug and enjoy him or her!
PAT in VA/USA

the black rose wrote:

DrQuilter wrote