Help with inspiration

Old August 23rd 04, 02:05 PM
Morag in Oxford

Default Help with inspiration

Hi all,

A while back I posted that I was collecting fabrics with strawberries on
them. Several very kind people from here swapped stuff with me or sent me
stuff, and I have now accumulated a nice selection.

So what to do with them? I was thinking of getting some red and/or green
fabric to go with the patterened stuff - marbled perhaps, or with a same
colour design. I'd really love to make a full size quilt with it but i'm
new to this whole quilting business and would like something quite
straightforwards (and preferably using paper-piecing).

So, any ideas?

Oh, and if anyone else has strawberry remnants that they'd like to trade,
please email.

morag

Old August 23rd 04, 03:53 PM
Marijke

Hmm, this may be way off but... the first thing I imagined when I read a
collection of strawberry fabrics was baskets, and the strawberry fabrics
appliqued on the baskets.

Or, you could do a garden type quilt. Get greens for sashing and do strips
of the strawberry fabrics...

or.. .

LOL, I love designing quilts!

Marijke
in Montreal

Old August 23rd 04, 08:09 PM
Patti

Hullo Morag
Well ... heart shapes are very like strawberries, and there are loads of
paper-pieced heart shapes available. Perhaps you could use your
strawberry fabrics to make some strawberry hearts and either appliqué or
change the paper pieced pattern slightly to include leaves at the top.
You could make a lap quilt, which would be slightly smaller than a bed
quilt, but would give you great experience for going larger the next
time.
..
In article , Morag in Oxford
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

inspiration JoAnn Paules Beads 3 September 14th 04 03:26 PM
Color inspiration Dr. Sooz Beads 9 September 10th 04 05:09 PM
Quilts of Inspiration Quilt Sweepstakes MinnieNeedles Quilting 1 August 13th 04 03:26 AM
In need of inspiration... chess quilt JG Quilting 2 August 11th 04 07:15 PM
Diet inspiration Christina Peterson Beads 4 July 6th 03 10:20 AM