Becki's Necklace Challange Results! (Comments, please!)

Old July 3rd 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default Becki's Necklace Challange Results! (Comments, please!)

Ok, am I first?

Here's what Becki sent me to work with:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/challange1asm.jpg

My DD and I both looked and said, "What's wrong with these?"

At first, I was going to use a different pendant, but then didn't like the
way that one was going, so then I decided to bead the big stone bead.
Again, I tried something that wasn't working, so I had to do it over and
finally settled on a netting around the stone.

I loved the Tiger's Eye beads that were in the necklace, so I decided to add
more of those to embellish the stone.

Here's my finished piece:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/brown3.jpg

and a close up of the pendant:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/brown2sm.jpg

I'm a little anal retentive about things matching and such, so I was trying
to stretch a little by not making the pendant symmetrical and by NOT
matching up the beads in the necklace. I'm really happy with it.

I had a lot of fun with this project! Thanks so much , Becki, for making a
fun little challange for us! I look forward to seeing what everyone else
has done!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 3rd 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

JERRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who hoo -- you knocked that out of the ball park, girl!! Great job.
It really looks good now.

Much love -- Becki

Old July 3rd 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

OK i can't quit looking at it.

Old July 3rd 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Lol! Thanks! I was on pins and needles to see what you had to say!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
oups.com...

Old July 3rd 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Oh wow! That pendant is wonderful.
Shirley

In message , Beadbimbo
writes

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 3rd 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Shirley!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 3rd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Wowzers...great job!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old July 4th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Woweee!!! That's amazing to take two pieces like that and make
something 20 times more prettier! All it takes is the right person :-D

Best,
Christine

Old July 4th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

WOW... sheesh jerr did you have to go and do such a great job the first
try????

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old July 4th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

WOW!!! Fantastic design, Jerri!! You know, you're like Shirley... is
there anything that you can't do???!!! You made a stunning necklace
remake from 2 very pretty designs in the first place!

--
hugs,
Linda

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
: Ok, am I first?
:
[...]
: --
: Jerri
: www.beadbimbo.com
:
:
:
:

Getting the writing on your challange quilt emb2b Quilting 0 March 9th 06 03:49 PM
B Movie Challange JL Quilting 1 July 3rd 05 01:04 PM
Floral challange Beadbimbo Beads 10 May 8th 04 09:01 PM
Becki's Journey Kaytee Beads 48 February 9th 04 07:12 PM
Becki's wire beads Carol in SLC Beads 5 July 30th 03 11:54 AM