Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Old June 28th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Quickly uploaded to my Flickr account...

Feedback welcome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguintrax/
--
Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com
Old June 28th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Love all the noses... especially the ones that Valerie donated. So Cute!
And your gold heart and bottles are fantastic! Your switchplace is also
cool, and I love your sterling ring! Beautiful design on that...

You've been busy, grrl!

--
hugs,
Linda

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
: Quickly uploaded to my Flickr account...
:
: Feedback welcome!
:
:
: http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguintrax/
: --
: Barbara
:
: Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué
:

Old June 28th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Dicon[_2_]

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Quickly uploaded to my Flickr account...

Feedback welcome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/penguintrax/
--
Barbara

Great fun, love the noses as well, a bit weird though.
Sniff.....sniff.....

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
to get me remove removethisbit.

Old June 28th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

The nose project was to cheer up my MIL, who lost her nose to melanoma
last year. She's starting the reconstruction process next week,
finally!

Old June 28th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Not as busy as I'd like to be...but more than I was!

Thanks for looking...I've been wearing that ring every day since I
made it. Want to make more and stack them.

Old June 28th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Zk

I really like the green faux stone beads! Remind me of Japanese architecture
/ pottery / woodworks. Do you make the shaped ones with a mold?

Your crocheted rope is great too! Looks so nice, tight and even.

Where did you get your bottles for the bottle of hope projects? I wonder if
there's somewhere local I could get some -- was thinking about covering them
with bead weaving.
--
KathyZ

Old June 28th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Dicon[_2_]

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
oups.com...
The nose project was to cheer up my MIL, who lost her nose to melanoma
last year. She's starting the reconstruction process next week,
finally!

Good luck to her.
What a wonderful bit of lateral thinking on your part.
8¬)

Old June 29th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
PenguinTrax

Kathy,

All my beads are formed by hand, some are textured with stamps and
other objects.

My current stash of bottles for BOH came from a member at the Ocala FL
Guild. But, if you call your local hospital's cancer area and ask them
to save bottles for you from the anti-nausea meds (forget the name,
sorry), you can get scads of them. There are instructions on how to
clean and prep the bottles at the Bottles of Hope site (http://
www.bottlesofhope.org). Beaded ones would be beautiful!

Barbara

Old June 29th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Barbara,

I'm amazed at how you are able to make those beads so uniform by hand.
They're really lovely.

Thanks for the info on the bottles; I'll check around.
--
KathyZ

oups.com...

Old June 29th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Thanks Linda!

--
Valerie

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
. ..