Cone 6 Glazes WITHOUT Gertsley Borate?

Old July 19th 04, 05:16 PM
Bert Gibson

Hey Wayne,

If you check out John's slide show from the conference he show's his current
firing schedule. It's different than on the website for the book.

I must have missed the element thread, thanks for alerting me, I'll go check
it out.

Bert Gibson

wayneinkeywest wrote:
I think she means she controlled the rate of cooling. The key to
success with John and Ron's glazes is slow cooling. From 1900F down
to 1500F they suggest a temperature drop of about 125 degrees per
hour.

Bert Gibson

D Kat wrote:
What does "fired down" mean? I am assuming that the ceramic grade
rutile as all rutile has iron in it. Is that correct?
"ShantiP1" wrote in message
I tested it on a white stoneware and used ceramic grade rutile.
When I get time I'll make another test with light rutile. I also
fired down, so it wasn't the firing or the claybody.

Regards,
June

Bert and all:
Ron and John have come up with a new firing schedule, based on various
kiln manufacturers observations that slow cooling can reduce the life
of electric
kiln elements. The new firing schedule is posted on their website.
I didn't really pay much attention, since I fire cone 10, but it was a
fairly
recent Clayart thread. Sure would like to get the same
colors at ^10 that you all get at ^6 :)

Wayne Seidl
Key West, Florida, USA
North America, Terra
Latitude 81.45W, Longitude 24.33N
Elevation 3.1 feet (1m)

Old July 20th 04, 01:09 AM
Bert Gibson

Here is the direct link, but you might like to go through the whole slide
presentation. It is very interesting.

http://www.frogpondpottery.com/nceca2004/p21.html

Bert Gibson

et...

Old July 20th 04, 03:50 AM
dkat

Yes, that was well worth the visit. Thank you for pointing it out. I had
assumed I knew that site and did not page down to see the new additions.

Here is the direct link, but you might like to go through the whole slide
presentation. It is very interesting.

http://www.frogpondpottery.com/nceca2004/p21.html

Bert Gibson

et...

glas FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 October 16th 03 07:50 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
FAQ:Intro to rec.crafts.pottery Mishy Lowe Pottery 0 July 18th 03 06:05 AM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM