Becki's Necklace Challange Results! (Comments, please!)

Old July 6th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Default Becki's Necklace Challange Results! (Comments, please!)

LAST NOTE TO KARLEEN -- even if you do send it back, I'm not going to
sell it. I can't. I don't like it. I will have to REMAKE IT AGAIN
and then give it to one of the women who liked it. Silly fools.

Becki

Old July 6th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Quit looking in my windows!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Beckibead" wrote in message
ps.com...
Karleen -- Who cares if someone wants to buy it? Just because someone
wants to buy it doesn't mean it is good. Have you ever walked into
someone's house, took a look at their decorating and wondered what
they were thinking? Same thing with "that dress" or that top?
LOLOLOLOL

You do what you want, girl. Anything to make you happy. I wanted to
call you yesterday when I left work to tell you that purple would look
good with the copper and green, but whatever.

Much love -- Becki

Old July 6th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carol in UT

Honey, seeing you is enticement enough!! I already have the train
tickets -- just need to take care of some crap here and I'll be on my
way!! I will pack a ****load of beads and may never go home. Hope
you won't mind, LOL!

Love you!

Carol

Old July 6th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Just leave the crap, bring the beads (like the famous line in the
Godfather -- leave the gun, take the cannoli? LOL) and get on the
train NOW. The crap will still be there when you come back.

LOLOLOLOL

Old July 6th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Holy moley Jerri!! Wonderful work!!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Ok, am I first?

Here's what Becki sent me to work with:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/challange1asm.jpg

My DD and I both looked and said, "What's wrong with these?"

At first, I was going to use a different pendant, but then didn't like the
way that one was going, so then I decided to bead the big stone bead.
Again, I tried something that wasn't working, so I had to do it over and
finally settled on a netting around the stone.

I loved the Tiger's Eye beads that were in the necklace, so I decided to
add
more of those to embellish the stone.

Here's my finished piece:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/brown3.jpg

and a close up of the pendant:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/brown2sm.jpg

I'm a little anal retentive about things matching and such, so I was
trying
to stretch a little by not making the pendant symmetrical and by NOT
matching up the beads in the necklace. I'm really happy with it.

I had a lot of fun with this project! Thanks so much , Becki, for making
fun little challange for us! I look forward to seeing what everyone else
has done!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 8th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

~ SNORT ~ lololololololol

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Quit looking in my windows!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 8th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Sigh... Sorry you'll have to do the remaking, but PURPLE!!!! LOLOLOLOL When
you said you'd send me something purple, that cinched it for me.

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels web sto http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
Vibrant Jewels JustBeads Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
CLICK HERE to join myYahoo Group:
oups.com...

Old July 8th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Zk

Wow! Becki's fish necklace is beautiful, too. Can see why you would have a
hard time starting on remaking that. Your idea of adding copper or gold is
good; maybe even blue between the opals -- water for the fish.
--
KathyZ

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
OK, it's a start, I at least got Becki's necklace scanned:

http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry...dchallenge.htm

I also updated my BIO somewhat if you want to see that:

http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/BIO/Bio.htm

Getting the writing on your challange quilt emb2b Quilting 0 March 9th 06 03:49 PM
B Movie Challange JL Quilting 1 July 3rd 05 01:04 PM
Floral challange Beadbimbo Beads 10 May 8th 04 09:01 PM
Becki's Journey Kaytee Beads 48 February 9th 04 07:12 PM
Becki's wire beads Carol in SLC Beads 5 July 30th 03 11:54 AM