Corina's Floral Challenge--only entree voting?

Old May 21st 04, 07:11 AM
Candace

Default Corina's Floral Challenge--only entree voting?

I just went to Corina's site, thinking I'd better hurry up and get my vote
in...hadn't been there in a while, strolled around the new entries, decided I
was going with my first choice anyways...then BAM--I can't vote! She changed
it to entree voting only, at the request of some of the contributors.

Something about this seems wrong to me. Like some(not all!!!) of the lesser
known artists felt like they couldn't hack it with the "big names," and wanted
the votes narrowed down. Is there something I don't know? Is this actually a
popularity contest, and not a contest of skill and artistic ability? I mean
yeah, there are some entries by people I "know," but that wasn't influencing my
vote in the least. (Although it was kinda cool to look at those beads and
say"Hey! I belong to a group that the maker of This gorgeous bead(s) was made
by!!") My vote was going to the floral that took my breath away...not the
"name" behind it. I was under the impression that this contest was to involve
everyone with a passion for lampwork beads. And I was really looking forward
to having a part in the results.

I don't know, maybe I'm totally wrong about this. It could be that the 5 most
recognizable names in there were the ones who asked for a change. Maybe they
were looking out for the "little guy." I'll never know. Just my opinion.

~Candace~

Old May 21st 04, 09:58 AM
Su/Cutworks

Candace wrote:

I just went to Corina's site, thinking I'd better hurry up and get my vote
in...hadn't been there in a while, strolled around the new entries,

decided I
was going with my first choice anyways...then BAM--I can't vote! She

changed
it to entree voting only, at the request of some of the contributors.

Well, that's a bit pointless, isn't it? Why bother having a contest if only
the contestants get to vote.

*shrug*

-Su

Old May 21st 04, 05:03 PM
Charlie

I was gonna say, surely they'd all vote for themselves! I know I would!

Charlie.

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Fri, 21 May 2004 4:58:34 -0400, Su/Cutworks wrote
(in message ):

Well, that's a bit pointless, isn't it? Why bother having a contest if

only
the contestants get to vote.

Rather amusing, don't you think? A 75-way tie, all for first place.

Kathy N-V

---

Old May 21st 04, 05:05 PM
Candace

Well, that's a bit pointless, isn't it? Why bother having a contest if

only
the contestants get to vote.

Rather amusing, don't you think? A 75-way tie, all for first place.

Kathy N-V

oh, I would LOVE to see what would happen if that were the case. lolololololol

~Candace~

Old May 21st 04, 05:08 PM
JavaGirlBT

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was thinking of an all-way tie.
Sheesh.
-Ellen

Old May 21st 04, 07:11 PM
Alison

If the voting is set up in a reasonable manner, one shouldn't be able to
vote for oneself.

Personally, I think it would have made sense to post the beads without
identifying who made them until after the voting was over.

My pennies,
Alison

Old May 21st 04, 07:14 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy wrote:
Well, that's a bit pointless, isn't it? Why bother having a contest if

only
the contestants get to vote.

Rather amusing, don't you think? A 75-way tie, all for first place.

That will make the prize pretty teeny!

I think some of the entries were beautiful, shame I can't vote for the one I
liked best.

-Su

Old May 21st 04, 09:55 PM
Dr. Sooz

I just went to Corina's site, thinking I'd better hurry up and get my vote
in...hadn't been there in a while, strolled around the new entries, decided I
was going with my first choice anyways...then BAM--I can't vote! She changed
it to entree voting only, at the request of some of the contributors.

Something about this seems wrong to me.

Open Question To Corina:

It's just a page of glass beads. It's not like it's the end of the world -- so
Corina, WHY? It's no big deal. You could change it back to entree-only voting
next month (you do these EVERY MONTH, remember?).

Why'd you change it? Who ****ing cares who gets to vote and who doesn't? Why
didn't you just leave it alone? It's not brain surgery or a national election.
Let us ALL vote next time -- just as an experiment. What've you got to lose?
Sheesh.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 21st 04, 10:20 PM
Karen_AZ

Hey Sooz, don't hold back! GGGG

KarenK (who was thinking similar things)

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
[...]

"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old May 21st 04, 10:23 PM
Candace

It took me 30 minutes to narrow my original post down to what it ended up
as....Finding out about that REALLY ****ed me off. So hey---I'm glad Sooz was
able to let loose where I couldn't.