Adjustable height tables

Old August 10th 05, 03:34 PM
Taria

Default Adjustable height tables

I mentioned those when I saw them at Costco a couple of months ago.
The adjustable legs are neat. The only problem I had with them is
the thickness of the tabletop itself. My banquet table has the
thinner (1" or so) top and I have clips that work really keen on
it. The other problem is my banquet table still works and I don't
need another yet. Glad to hear it is as good as it looked. Anyone
who doesn;t have a banquet table around and has somewhere to hide
it when it isn't in use ought to get one. They really are handy for
all kinds of stuff. A nice table cloth can make them handy for
parties. I'd hate to have to pin baste a quilt without one.
TAria, someone's gonna steal that DH of yours one day : )

Jan wrote:

The banquet/office type table I've been using in my sewing room had an
unfortunate accident during set up for a cook out last month... my husband
knowing I had been lusting after an adjustable height one, told me it could
not be fixed and bought me the adjustable height one from Costco. It is
wonderful!!!! Goes up to 36" for cutting.. middle height for adult sitting
and 24" height for kid sitting so it can be used as an overflow table at
holidays and parties. I adjusted it by myself this morning up to 36", cut
for about an hour... no back pain! And I have a bad back. So, if you are
on the fence... I would recommend this!! It was only around $45 at
costco...... and the one that was broke... well... (vbg) It was
miraculously cured and set up in hubby's wood shop.... hmmmmm..... lol...
gotta love him!

Jan

Old August 10th 05, 04:00 PM
Cheryl

Oooohh! Wish we could get them over here!!

I love my "adjustable" tables (pipe extensions on hollow tube legs), but an
extra one would be nice.
--
Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced......

ink.net...

Old August 10th 05, 04:30 PM
Pat in Virginia

Jan:
Sounds great! I've been thinking of making some changes in sewing
room, and that table might do just right. Two questions, please.
Does the product have a specific brand name? What are the surface
dimensions of the table? Thanks!
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 10th 05, 07:37 PM
Mika

Pat if there isn't a Costco near you, they are also available at most Sam's
Club stores. I got one at Sam's and used it for a sewing table. Didn't like
the way the sm jumped around and bounced but it works great for cutting.
Mine is just a tad narrow for really comfortable cutting though since my
cutting mat is wider than the table. But it works. It sure beats sitting on
the couch and cutting on the coffee table or taking up the dining room
table. And I don't have to keep moving my cutting utensils from room to
room. I can leave everything set up the way I want it.

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old August 10th 05, 08:17 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ZfoKe.2943$0d.1740@trnddc06,
Taria wrote:

The only problem I had with them is
the thickness of the tabletop itself.

Taria, I have the same problem with my dining table. But I solved it by
getting some of those clamps that hold a tablecloth onto an outdoor
table in windy weather -- try a camping supply store or something
similar. HTH.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 10th 05, 11:13 PM
Pat in Virginia

Thanks Jan. The Costco is just a couple miles away, and I have a
membership! Folks, notice the 'personal table' on that link. I
recently bought one at Office Max, $20. Lots of people in guild
have these and bring to workshops as extra space. We ddiid a
'Quilting Day' demo at a mall, and I used one for the SM; with
the lower height it worked nicely. The height is adjustable. It
will be handy for several hobbies or outdoor use.
PAT

Jan wrote:
Hey Pat,

They have some on line similar to what I bought, but more expensive, and
in store you can buy one instead of a 4 pack...

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11048593
&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=21590&hierPath=93*21590*

Mine is 6 feet long by 30 inches and it is a liftime brand.

I think you could probably shop many office supply type places and come
up with options on these... this just happens to be the one I've been
looking at since we go to costco once a week at least lol....

work table height tip Flo Cala Quilting 8 July 26th 05 01:00 PM
Adjustable bracelets beadzbiz Beads 11 June 17th 05 10:54 AM
Ceramic-topped tables Wayne G. Dengel Pottery 0 November 1st 04 11:06 PM
Adjustable knot for bracelet ZeroSignalNow Knots 2 July 3rd 04 04:33 PM
"adjustable" sterling silver rings porkchops Jewelry 0 April 13th 04 10:11 AM