Sunday afternoon in Aust

Old December 19th 04, 03:05 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Default Sunday afternoon in Aust

Hello everyone - it is now Sunday afternoon here on a lovely summers day but
expecting a storm this afternoon.

Had our morning coffee with our disabled friend as usual and now about to
get lunch.

If you ever wonder why the very best world class wool is expensive ie
Spinelli type garments- then here is the answer - one bale of the highest
quality sold yesterday to a Chinese firm for $750,000.00 ( Aust dollars that
is ) which is about $570,000.00 US dollars or 292,500 English pounds. This
was produced in our own state of Queensland - usually the really top class
wool comes form Tasmania. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 19th 04, 03:20 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Gwendoline
Kelly" wrote:

Hello everyone - it is now Sunday afternoon here on a lovely summers day but
expecting a storm this afternoon.

Had our morning coffee with our disabled friend as usual and now about to
get lunch.

If you ever wonder why the very best world class wool is expensive ie
Spinelli type garments- then here is the answer - one bale of the highest
quality sold yesterday to a Chinese firm for $750,000.00 ( Aust dollars that
is ) which is about $570,000.00 US dollars or 292,500 English pounds. This
was produced in our own state of Queensland - usually the really top class
wool comes form Tasmania. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Hello Gwen, on Sunday, and here it is still Saturday. I think it is great
news that good quality wool can still demand that kind of price....way to
go for the sheep

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old December 19th 04, 07:56 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's not sunny here in upstate NY. I came on the computer about 15
minutes ago and there was a light rain. I looked out about five minutes ago and
it's snowing and everything is white and it's really coming down, going to have
about two to three inches before morning and be bitter cold tomorrow. Looks
like a lot of crocheting will be done.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 20th 04, 02:12 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
NoraBalcer wrote:

Well, it's not sunny here in upstate NY. I came on the computer about
15 minutes ago and there was a light rain. I looked out about five
minutes ago and it's snowing and everything is white and it's really
coming down, going to have about two to three inches before morning
and be bitter cold tomorrow. Looks like a lot of crocheting will be done.

Brrr. It's raining changing to snow here, too. I hope the roads
are clear tomorrow. We have to go out.

=Tamar
Old December 20th 04, 02:56 PM
Trish

That must be the snow we're getting today! Great big flakes & looking very
pretty!:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine

Old December 21st 04, 11:55 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Nora I can picture you on such a day snuggled up to the fire with your
crochet - best way to spend that kind of day God bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old December 21st 04, 01:37 PM
Janise Ross

Gwen,

Whenever I see your subject line "Sunday afternoon in Aust," I read it
as "Sunday afternoon in August." With the snow and cold temperatures that
we are having, I wish it were August. LOL

Janise

"Gwendoline Kelly" wrote in message
Yes,Dora, these are the same and with wool as fine as 11.9 microns it is
the
finest ever produced and as the article says usually used in cashmere
sweaters etc and no doubt will be processed to be fully machine washable
as
most- if not all- of our wool is these days. God Bless Gwen
--

Gwen Kelly

"Bungadora" wrote in message
"Gwendoline Kelly"

If you ever wonder why the very best world class wool is expensive ie
Spinelli type garments- then here is the answer - one bale of the
highest
quality sold yesterday to a Chinese firm for $750,000.00 ( Aust dollars

that
is ) which is about $570,000.00 US dollars or 292,500 English pounds.

This
was produced in our own state of Queensland - usually the really top

class
wool comes form Tasmania. God Bless

Are these the "wooldorf astoria" sheep? I found an article:
tp://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/03/04/australia.wool.reut/
Dora

Sunday morning Janise Ross Yarn 2 October 3rd 04 10:11 PM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
AD: Stamping Fibers, NEW sets, Ending SUNDAY & MONDAY 8 to 10pm EST Spot Rubberstamps 0 August 17th 03 11:35 PM