OT - Peter the Rabbit

Old April 11th 11, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce[_4_]

Default OT - Peter the Rabbit

Peter the Rabbit managed to break free from the laboratory where he had
been born and brought up. As he scurried away from the fencing of the
compound, he felt grass under his little feet, and saw the dawn breaking
for the first time in his life.
"Wow, this is great," he thought. It wasn't long before he came to a
hedge and, after squeezing under it, he saw a wonderful sight: lots of
other bunny rabbits, all free and nibbling at the lush grass.
"Hey," he called. "I'm Peter from the laboratory and I've just escaped.
Are you wild rabbits?"
"Yes. Come and join us," they cried. Our friend hopped over to them and
started eating the grass. It tasted SO good.
"What else do you wild rabbits do?" he asked.
"Well," one of them said. "You see that field there? It's got carrots
growing in it. We dig them up and eat them." This he couldn't resist,
and he spent the next hour eating the most succulent carrots. They were
wonderful.
Later, he asked them again, "What else do you do?"
"You see that field there? It's got lettuce growing in it. We eat them
as well." The lettuce tasted just as good, and he returned a while later
completely full.
"Is there anything else you guys do?" he asked.
One of the other rabbits came a bit closer to him and spoke softly.
"There's one other thing you must try. You see those rabbits there," he
said, pointing to the far corner of the field. "They're girl rabbits. We
love them. Go and try it."
Well, our friend spent the rest of the morning with the girl rabbits
until, completely exhausted, he staggered back over to the guys.
"That was fantastic," he panted.
"So are you going to live with us then?" one of them asked.
Peter replied "I'm sorry. I've had a great time but I can't."
The wild rabbits all stared at him, a bit surprised. "Why? We thought
you liked it here."
"I do," Peter replied. "But I've just got to get back to the laboratory.
I'm dying for a cigarette!"
Old April 12th 11, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Bruce" wrote in message
[...]

Been there done that! G
Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old April 12th 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Apr 12, 9:04*am, Karen C in Calif wrote:
Fred wrote:
Been there done that! G
Fred

You were a rabbit?

ROTFLMBOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice comeback, Karen!!!!!

Old April 12th 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

Too funny, Bruce!!!

Joan