Grrrrrr -- That Cat!

Old November 22nd 03, 06:47 PM
Karen C - California

Default Grrrrrr -- That Cat!

Middle of the night, I heard someone hacking up a hairball.

Once the sun came up, I could see that she hadn't done it on the dark green
couch, she aimed it at a piece of my needlework. And it wasn't just a
hairball, it had some lovely dyed-orange cat food in it.

If the stain doesn't come out, the saving grace is that I wasn't completely
happy with the color of the fabric, and won't mind starting over if I can get a
more "barely twilight" blue rather than this darker "9 PM" blue.

--
Finished 11/18/03 -- Bird of Paradise
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old November 22nd 03, 07:48 PM
JL Amerson

Sometimes cats do things to try the patience of those who share their homes
with them.

Cat-food orange dye is a tough stain. Generally permanent but...............
I'll wish you luck with removing it but I'll suggest you get that other
piece of fabric ready to stitch.

Old November 22nd 03, 07:50 PM
Debra

On 22 Nov 2003 17:47:41 GMT, (Karen C - California) wrote:

Middle of the night, I heard someone hacking up a hairball.

Once the sun came up, I could see that she hadn't done it on the dark green
couch, she aimed it at a piece of my needlework. And it wasn't just a
hairball, it had some lovely dyed-orange cat food in it.

If the stain doesn't come out, the saving grace is that I wasn't completely
happy with the color of the fabric, and won't mind starting over if I can get a
more "barely twilight" blue rather than this darker "9 PM" blue.

I can sympathize. I have switched the cat food to one without red or
orange dye in it after the tan carpet got spotted the same way several
times. I have been getting stains out of the carpet using Pet-zyme.
It has dirt eating bacteria in it and I've gotten wonderful results
with it. It even got some black grease out. I don't know what it
would do to your stitching, but it's worth a try though.
Debra in VA
Old November 22nd 03, 08:14 PM
Bungadora

In my experience, the stain is easier to get out when it is liquified and
still fresh - which is why you should leap out of bed and get at that stain
right away. (Not likely, sez Karen.) What I would like to know is why the cats
always seem to want to do this in the middle of the night. Usually they wake me
out of a deep dark sleep and the last thing I want to do is get out of bed and
wander around the house until I step in something.
Dora
(Karen C - California)

Old November 23rd 03, 12:19 AM
Lucille

You have a carpet made out of cat food. Doesn't it crunch when you walk on
it?
Lucille

wrote in message
On 22 Nov 2003 17:47:41 GMT, S (Karen C -
California) wrote:

That stain is difficult to get out (why do they fill cat/dog food with
dye?) but I did find Oxyclean got a stain out of a carpet made with
cat food. If all else fails, as a last stand try that. Good Luck.

Sheena

Old November 23rd 03, 02:31 AM
Lucille

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!
Lucille

wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:19:33 GMT, "Lucille"
wrote:

You have a carpet made out of cat food. Doesn't it crunch when you walk

on
it?
Lucille

Picky, picky! Just sitting there waiting to drop weren't you? Just
like those pelicans in Florida that just drop out of the sky on to a
fish!

You're right though - should have spotted that - it would kill my cat
if the carpets were made of food, he'd feel he had to eat them all up!

Sheena

.. .

Old November 23rd 03, 04:08 AM
Caryn

Middle of the night, I heard someone hacking up a hairball.

Once the sun came up, I could see that she hadn't done it on the dark green
couch, she aimed it at a piece of my needlework

When I was about 12 I came home to discover my beloved cat had torn a dew claw,
and curled up on my needlework (I did crewel back then) and bled all over it.

It would not come out, we had to toss it.

Maybe that's why I don't enjoy crewel anymore?

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)