Using trim in corners - how to make it look right with base and crown moulding?

Old March 1st 04, 02:02 AM
Chuck

On 27 Feb 2004 06:37:02 -0800, (Cathy Weeks)
wrote:

I've looked at some of the miter saws and boxes, and plan to get one
next month. I looked at examples of finished dollhouses with moulding,
and KNEW I couldn't do that without some sort of tool like that.

There is a tool made for cutting miters that is even easier to use, if
you plan on doing enough of it to make it worth the $$. It is
basically a pair of heavy duty, very sharp scissors with a miter gauge
on it. It's called a "miter master," and is available at Micro Mark,
located at
http://www.micromark.com It's $19.95, but they generally
have a summer sale catalog that comes out in May and runs for about 3
months with some pretty good deals in it. They've got a couple other
miter-cutting aids, but heck, even their 8" compound miter saw
(electric) is only $70.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Old March 1st 04, 04:55 AM
Cathy Weeks

(Chuck) wrote in message ...
On 27 Feb 2004 06:37:02 -0800,
(Cathy Weeks)
wrote:

I've looked at some of the miter saws and boxes, and plan to get one
next month. I looked at examples of finished dollhouses with moulding,
and KNEW I couldn't do that without some sort of tool like that.

There is a tool made for cutting miters that is even easier to use, if
you plan on doing enough of it to make it worth the $$. It is
basically a pair of heavy duty, very sharp scissors with a miter gauge
on it. It's called a "miter master," and is available at Micro Mark,
located at
http://www.micromark.com It's $19.95, but they generally
have a summer sale catalog that comes out in May and runs for about 3
months with some pretty good deals in it. They've got a couple other
miter-cutting aids, but heck, even their 8" compound miter saw
(electric) is only $70.

I'm getting the Dobson Miter-rite from them - $30. My husband and I
were drooling over the power tool they had for that (around $150) but
we both felt that it was best to wait and see if I stay interested in
building before investing in power tools.

Cathy
Old March 2nd 04, 01:32 AM
Gerald Miller

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 01:02:21 GMT, (Chuck)
wrote:

On 27 Feb 2004 06:37:02 -0800,
(Cathy Weeks)
wrote:

I've looked at some of the miter saws and boxes, and plan to get one
next month. I looked at examples of finished dollhouses with moulding,
and KNEW I couldn't do that without some sort of tool like that.

There is a tool made for cutting miters that is even easier to use, if
you plan on doing enough of it to make it worth the $$. It is
basically a pair of heavy duty, very sharp scissors with a miter gauge
on it. It's called a "miter master," and is available at Micro Mark,
located at
http://www.micromark.com It's $19.95, but they generally
have a summer sale catalog that comes out in May and runs for about 3
months with some pretty good deals in it.

Sorry but this is nothing more than a glorified pair of pruning shears
with all of the crushed fibre aspect retained.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old March 2nd 04, 02:46 AM
havana bill & holly

I do, and for mitering thin stock I haven't noticed a lot of crushing, but
the blade is very sharp & when I go lightly over the cut with an emeryboard
for acrylic nails the wood appears to be un-crushed. For mitering
baseboards to fit into a corner I use the miter box & Exacto saw.

Gonna go make beads Carol in SLC Beads 7 September 1st 03 07:04 PM
Novice question - seeds vs beads (and how to make a seed last) WalkerDlwalke Beads 0 August 10th 03 11:40 PM
more eyepins, can i make them into head pins?? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 July 13th 03 06:39 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM