Report on my Mom (GeeGee)

Old December 10th 03, 12:08 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Report on my Mom (GeeGee)

Just a quick update.... she's got a TERRIBLE cold, she 'says' it's NOT the
flu, but I am not so sure.... it's all settled in her chest, she's got
chills, sore throat, her voice is like nothing I've ever heard from her,
even after surgery she's never sounded 'this' bad.
She called her Doctor, (and this makes me angry)... his nurse said he's not
taking any appointments till after the Holidays. This is her G.P. (!!) and
he's VERY aware of her heart condition(s) etc.... you'd think he could
'sneak' her in. The nurse suggested Mom go go a walk-in Clinic, Mom told
HER, the last time she went to a walk-in clinic, she ended up IN the
Hospital.
I am sending all the WARMTH I can up to Rockford, Illinois (along with
prayers, of course)....
and I know I can share this with my family here, I AM extremely worried.
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 10th 03, 12:45 AM
spampot

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
Just a quick update.... she's got a TERRIBLE cold, she 'says' it's NOT the
flu, but I am not so sure.... it's all settled in her chest, she's got
chills, sore throat, her voice is like nothing I've ever heard from her,
even after surgery she's never sounded 'this' bad.
She called her Doctor, (and this makes me angry)... his nurse said he's not
taking any appointments till after the Holidays. This is her G.P. (!!) and
he's VERY aware of her heart condition(s) etc.... you'd think he could
'sneak' her in.

!!! I would think he would have someone taking his appointments!!! I
thought doctors who were going to be unavailable arranged to have
someone sub for them! Can your mom call his office during off hours to
find out from his answering service whether he's done this? Outrageous!

Old December 10th 03, 12:57 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 19:45:30 -0500, spampot wrote:

!!! I would think he would have someone taking his appointments!!! I
thought doctors who were going to be unavailable arranged to have
someone sub for them! Can your mom call his office during off hours to
find out from his answering service whether he's done this? Outrageous!

Good thinking, Spampot, I'll suggest it when I talk to her later... I'm
relying on my daughterly 'radar'... IE, if she's resting, or if talking
will start a coughing binge....
Thanks for the headsup!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 10th 03, 02:25 AM
Janise Ross

Noreen,
I hope your mother quickly rebounds from this awful cold that she has.
Doctors usually do have coverage for when they are out of the office. Have
her call the office again and see if there is anyone covering the practice.
And if he is just not taking appointments until after the holidays, this is
not a well visit, so she should be taken as an emergency patient.

Janise

Old December 10th 03, 03:19 AM
Karen MN

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
[...]

I think that's terrible that he won't see her til after the holidays -- it's
not a general check-up, she is ill! Maybe tell her doctor or his nurse
that she HAS to be seen by someone, and no, it CAN'T wait until after the
holidays, and hopefully he will either make room or has an associate that
can see her. I hope something can be worked out, and I hope she can get
some treatment and relief from this very soon.

Karen in MN

Old December 10th 03, 03:20 AM
CMM PDX2

Noreen, sending prayers for GeeGee, just in case! As it's late enough today,
hopefully you've been able to act on Spampot's suggestion, and have found
*someone* she can go get checked up with. Honestly - I know doctors are human,
and the holidays are always overloaded...but I agree with Spampot; not having a
sub for appts. he's not taking would be highly unusual, especially for patients
with serious considerations. Didn't the nurse even offer to give the doctor a
message? Even if he just told the nurse to give you a few suggestions as to
where your mom could go, that would be a big help! Not to mention relieve your
mind a bit.

Monica - keeping fingers crossed
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old December 10th 03, 07:32 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

I agree! Outrageous! Let's just hope it won't become...the thing which took
my loved grandma..the pneumonia. I miss her terribly...and GeeGee is
like...a third grandma or great-grandma to me. I know, Noreen...this sounds
silly. But what can I do to my emotions? There is nothing I can do. I hope
GeeGee's situation will be OK soon.
Best: Pirjo
"spampot" kirjoitti viestissä

Old December 10th 03, 11:42 AM
MouseCLP

Just a quick update.... she's got a TERRIBLE cold, she 'says' it's NOT
the
flu, but I am not so sure.... it's all settled in her chest, she's got
chills, sore throat, her voice is like nothing I've ever heard from her,
even after surgery she's never sounded 'this' bad.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not medically trained!!!
However, this sounds bad -- doesn't sound like flu, but possibly pneumonia. I
work in a hospital ER (I'm in registration, not the clinical side of it), and
there's a lot of pneumonia, bronchitis and RSV (a serious respiratory virus)
going around. With a heart condition, she needs to be checked... the sooner,
the better! If her GP won't do it, ask them to recommend someone who will. Or
have her go to that walk-in clinic. Or have it checked in the ER. It's better
that she have it checked out and be told it's nothing, than to not have it
checked when it may be something serious.

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC
Old December 10th 03, 09:10 PM
Aud

I thought about the same, Noreen!
I know for myself that I am a bit humble
in such situations on my own behalf.
(we have just the same here!The nurses are trained to say NO!
And you are so shocked and dissappointed,
that you don't tackle to explain the real situation)

But if I am talking another person, I will not take a NO for a NO!!!
Therefore I think you should suggest for you mother that YOU will
take the phone and give them a "little up bringing"!

I really DO HOPE everything will be be fine with your mom!
Good Luck, Noreen,
I can understand what you feel!
Hugs,
AUD

--

"NoraBalcer" skrev i melding
Hi Noreen,

Another thought, why don't YOU call the office, yes know it's long

distance,
but it would be worth your peace of mind to know just exactly what is

going on.
I've never heard of a doctor not having someone take his patients when he

is on
vacation. Doesn't sound right to me.

Hugs,

Nora

Old December 10th 03, 09:22 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article ,
wrote..
I thought about the same, Noreen!
I know for myself that I am a bit humble
in such situations on my own behalf.
(we have just the same here!The nurses are trained to say NO!
And you are so shocked and dissappointed,
that you don't tackle to explain the real situation)

But if I am talking another person, I will not take a NO for a NO!!!
Therefore I think you should suggest for you mother that YOU will
take the phone and give them a "little up bringing"!

I really DO HOPE everything will be be fine with your mom!
Good Luck, Noreen,
I can understand what you feel!
Hugs,
AUD

Aud, and EVERYONE who responded here...
It's been taken care of, she has an appointment tomorrow!!
My cousin, Lorraine, who usually helps my Mom (she lives in
Rockford, too)... well, her husband just had heart surgery, so
her hands are full and tied.
I got ahold of my sister, who IS an RN, and SHE called and made
the cake rise!!
I'll report after tomorrow's appointment!
Hugs to you ALL!
Love,
Noreen

--