Flourless chocolate cake.

Old August 28th 12, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

Default Flourless chocolate cake.

Does anyone know of a recipe for a chocolate cake made only with
chocolate and eggs? I saw one recently, and thought I had it, but can't
find it anywhere.

I need to make it for a group containing someone who is allergic to
wheat and sugar!

Joyce in RSA.
Old August 28th 12, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

On 2012/08/28 02:46 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:08:36 +0200, Joyce in RSA
wrote:

Does anyone know of a recipe for a chocolate cake made only with
chocolate and eggs? I saw one recently, and thought I had it, but can't
find it anywhere.

I need to make it for a group containing someone who is allergic to
wheat and sugar!

Joyce in RSA.

Here's a whole bunch of gluten free recipes, don't know how tasty they
are though !

http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/o...lessgfcake.htm

I have my youngest g-granddaughter coming shortly and plans for the
day are cook cupcakes (full chocolate, flour and icing lol) go to
Iceman 4 (1 1/2 hours long sigh) then cook spaghetti and sauce for our
supper.

Think I'd rather be you lol

Thanks, Sheena, but gluten-free is the easier part of it. I know there
are other sugars available, but I don't have any and no way of getting
any in a hurry. The site you give appears in my documents, but can't
seem to come up for me to read. I know that's my lack of knowledge, but
that's the situation.

I saw the recipe for chocolate cake made with ONLY dark chocolate and
eggs, and am mad with myself for not being able to find it again. i
would have tried it when I saw it, but it was expensive to make, so I
didn't want to try it out when I had no reason to use it. Now I'm
stumped as to where I saw it! I thought I knew, but it isn't there!

Good luck with your DGD!

Joyce in RSA.

Old August 28th 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce in RSA

On 2012/08/28 05:05 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:59:00 -0300,
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:51:44 +0200, Joyce in RSA
wrote:

Thanks, Sheena, but gluten-free is the easier part of it. I know there
are other sugars available, but I don't have any and no way of getting
any in a hurry. The site you give appears in my documents, but can't
seem to come up for me to read. I know that's my lack of knowledge, but
that's the situation.

I saw the recipe for chocolate cake made with ONLY dark chocolate and
eggs, and am mad with myself for not being able to find it again. i
would have tried it when I saw it, but it was expensive to make, so I
didn't want to try it out when I had no reason to use it. Now I'm
stumped as to where I saw it! I thought I knew, but it isn't there!

Good luck with your DGD!

Joyce in RSA.

How about Chocolate Mousse ?

1 egg per person 1 oz semi sweet chocolate per person

In heavy pan over low heat melt chocolate. Beat egg yolks until
light and fluffy - slowly add melted chocolate.

Beat egg whites until they hold soft peaks and very gently fold into
chocolate mixture.

Leave to set a little while. Not in 'fridge. I usually make in
individual glass cups. It really tastes like more than it is lol

I looked for a chocolate mousse cake recipe, I think Julia Childs, but
couldn't find it.

Forgot to say, I add a dash of dark rum to the chocolate mix, although
it is not called for.

Your mousse recipe sounds very similar to the one I make occasionally -
when entertaining. I add whatever booze I happen to have and it really
is great. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for Bible study snacks!!!

I eventually made some cheese wafers, which are very good. I made a
batch with maize flour instead of wheat, and one of wheat as well. The
maize one worked perfectly, so we'll see if it keeps as well as the
other, tomorrow.

Jeanette, the allergic one, is perfectly willing to do without anything,
but I prefer to have something she can eat as well. I've been waiting
to make the cake recipe when she was able to come, so am really fed up
that I can't find the recipe. I suppose it will turn up again one day -
maybe too late to do any good to her!

Thanks for your efforts, anyway.

Joyce in RSA.