Singer, Viking, Pfaff announcement (giggle)

Old April 3rd 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Default Singer, Viking, Pfaff announcement (giggle)

Its been a long time since I've been here. Medical problems and a
horrific car wreck. My Hug is still doing its job beautifully.
I dragged that quilt through 4 hospitals and all over the house.

But I digress from the subject.

While perusing through several quilting groups I belong to I came
across and announcement that caused me to spew coffee all over my
'puter.

Martha Stewart, yes Miss Know-it-all is joining the Singer, Viking,
Pfaff team and showing us all how to construct clothing, embellishing
and..... quilting. At first I thought this was a bit from the
American's Funniest Video show, but NOPE, Marthy is going to show us
how to quilt.

Now ladies, I haven't had a good laugh in months. I needed a real
belly laugh to put me in great spirits and this did it.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

Old April 3rd 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

snarfl.....snarfl......rofl.....rofl........barf

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

ups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
René

Perhaps they mean that Martha will utilize real experts as her source
of information. That would go over better, huh?

Old April 3rd 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Do you need CPR Jan?? I'll call 911 or you.....what's their number????

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Boca Jan" wrote in message
snarfl.....snarfl......rofl.....rofl........barf

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

ups.com...

Old April 3rd 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I really should learn to proofread my messages before hastily hitting the
"send" button. That should be ..
"l'll call 911 FOR you...." sheesh.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
snarfl.....snarfl......rofl.....rofl........barf

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

ups.com...

Old April 4th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

she does have attorney bills to deal with.
Funny how it isn't what you know but just
having the air about you that you do know
it all. We all know her kind and have to
deal with them. She just does it bigger and
makes more money at it!

I know there was a reason I likes bernina machines!
Taria

Old April 4th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Ah, there you are, Kate! Was wondering (last week)
where and how you are. Best wishes on your health and recovery.

Meanwhile,
Nann sent this link today about our dear Marthy-lou:
http://www.svpworldwide.com/45.htm
While I do not personally know ANYone who would care what Marthy-lou
recommends sewing machines, some CEOs out there *think* we care,
bless their pointy little heads. I'm wondering, tho', when
Marthy-lou has time to quilt, having to count all that money she's
still raking in by the bushel. She has her stash, I have mine;
hers appears to be greener. VBG

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy

On 4/3/07 2:20 PM, in article
, "Kate T."

Old April 4th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Yesterday I got an email announcement about watching the show for an
ANNOUNCEMENT this morning. I suppose because I have a couple of Pfaffs and
a Husqvarna serger.

I taped it. Sure enough, there it was at the top of the hour. Do you think
there might be new sewers or quilters as a result? (That should be
"sewists" not "sewers.") Maybe there will be a resurgence in sewing?

Or maybe those brands of sewing machines will now be sold in K-Mart? I'd
love to see the Pfaff Blue-Light Special!

--
Kay Ahr in NV
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

ups.com...

Old April 4th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Hey Ragmop:

Yep I couldn't believe my eyes when I read about Marthy.

She has a clone in my sister. And yes I nicknamed my sister Marthy
Stewart.

As for my health, well it was touch and go for a couple months but I
managed to drive myself home from snow country.
Then I got whacked by a Toyta Tundra pickup while waiting to make a
left hand turn. Ended up back in hospital. Never, never get out on
the roads till after all the drunks are off the road or at work
especially the morning after a national football game.

The hospital staff and relatives tried to take my Hug from me and put
it in a chair or elsewhere in the room. Like a little kid I hung for
dear life. I threatened to check out if they didn't leave my quilt
alone. I was constantly shivering until I snuggled under my quilt.
The only time I could get restful sleep was when my quilt was over
me.

Ladies your handy work, worked miracles. I'm home and back on my
feet, although a little slower these days, BUT I am having the time of
my life working on a quilt for my niece.

Your Hug is back on my bed all washed, clean and looking purdy as the
day it was made.

kate T.
South Mississippi

Old April 4th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"Kate T." wrote in message
ups.com...
Marthy is going to show us
how to quilt.

Years ago when Martha was first on TV I happened to catch her show where
she was pontificating during her anal demonstration about the importance of
making the *PERFECT* peanut butter cookie...I'm thinking "GET A GRIP,
LADY"......in my house the key was enough, not perfection. I never once saw
a hand full of cookies tossed back because one of the boys noticed that the
fork marks weren't at a *perfect* right angle......BWAHahahahahaha. I
haven't paid her never no mind since. If she's going to teach quilting we'll
all need to put Prozac licks next to the TV remote.

Val

Pfaff 2046, Bernina 153QE or the Viking 770??? help ditzy Quilting 23 June 14th 05 04:27 PM
Giggle georg Quilting 1 March 30th 05 03:43 AM
+rading viking fee+ - ques+ion for viking owners DrQuilter Quilting 28 November 16th 04 01:35 PM
Vintage Singer OT More singer advice needed Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 December 9th 03 12:41 PM