Craft Rooms

Old August 29th 03, 11:50 PM
Christina Peterson

Default Craft Rooms

Jalynne mentioned rearranging her craft room.

I've been thinking a lot about the same thing. Last Spring I put all my
beads out on the porch. I call it the "sunroom" because it is all windows
on 3 sides, and has nice light. Except in winter. And it's hard to keep
the light from being very yellow in there. Also the insulation there is
poor.

Also I find I go out there for my beads, and bring them to my desk to work
on them. I like being in the thick of things. I like having Pete near me,
watching TV (or whatever), with his back to me, etc. But near.

How many people with bead rooms do their beading in those rooms?

So now I think I'm going to put my books in there, emptying the bookcases
near my desk for my beads.

I'll let you know how it progresses.

Tina

Old August 30th 03, 01:11 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

i use my room for beadng and 'kitty tume'. the craft room is also the cat
room, lol. i like having a place to get away to and create.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old August 30th 03, 02:13 AM
Jalynne

That's one thing that stinks about my room...no door. I can put up a curtain, but
that's just somehow not quite as effective.
--
Jalynne

"MargieK" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:50:41 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

How many people with bead rooms do their beading in those rooms?

There's only the 3 of us and we each have our space. Dh has his
woodworking in the basement, I have the tandem room off my bedroom and
dd has the whole house! No one's space is sacred unless one of us
closes the door.

My craft room is pretty small so I do all my sewing in the dining
room.

--
Margie
http://www.PictureTrail.com/margiek

Old August 30th 03, 03:02 AM
Christina Peterson

My house has 3 exterior doors, and the bathroom door. None of the rooms in
my house has a door (except the bathroom)

Tina

news

Old August 30th 03, 03:40 AM
Lisa Kisner

I have an old house that has two rooms upstairs but no doors.....we use the
farthest (sp? painkillers....can't think straight, lol) as our bedroom and
the first room as my craft room. You have to go through the craft room to
get to bedroom. I do some crafts and beading up there and sometimes I bring
things down. 50/50 split...If I want to half watch tv while I work I come
downstairs....I am trying however to do all beadwork, floral work and any
other "messy work" up there. I cross stitch and crochet downstairs. The
main thing is I have to keep the room fairly clean, as we have to walk
through it to get to the bedroom.

Learning to bead in Ohio,

Lisa Kisner

Old August 30th 03, 04:28 AM
Karen_AZ

sob Oh to have a craft ROOM. At the moment, it's my dining room table.
Sometimes we eat there...mostly not. LOL

In all our "when we have a house" fantasizing, we've covered this, too. I
don't want to be shut away from everything, and I want "business" out of our
bedroom (the PC is in the bedroom, Mike's watching Emeril while I
type....food and beads, perfect together!) My idea is to get one of those
armoire-type PC desks (or entertainment centers) and use THAT to store my
beads. A rollout keyboard drawer could hold my bead stringing tray and I
just know I can fill up all the drawers, nooks and crannies. That way, I can
have it out when I need it and just push it back in and close the doors when
I need to "straighten up." And it will be in the family room area (we're
looking at mostly open floor plans) so I can deal with dinner, homework,
etc, as needed.

We'll see how well that translates into reality.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old August 30th 03, 04:53 AM
CLP

Karen you make glass beads in your dining room? Is it vented? I can't
picture the setup. I've been hesitant because I thought I had to have a
ventilated, special area... You have a torch and tanks in your dining room?

Right now I have a table set up in the corner of the "den" area of our
kitchen (25' long room - don't ask) It's great, I copped the full spectrum
light from the fish tank and hung it over the table. I have rolling stacked
drawers, all my cases and tools on the perimiter. I can see into the living
room, be with everybody, keep an eye on whatever's cooking, but since it's
so close to the fireplace, I can't get rid of the downdraft from the chimney
it's somehow connected to the air conditioner or something and it tears up
my allergies. We have closed off the flue, the vents, even stuffed any edges
with foil, but the smoke smell keeps on giving.

achoo

Christy

Old August 30th 03, 04:54 AM
NYC-FMS

"Jalynne" wrote in message
k.net...
Jalynne

I just saw your quilt for your GYN, with the sperm motifs... too funny!
;o)

Rebecca

Old August 30th 03, 05:14 AM
CLP

Dang - I knew that - aand I can't even blame any medications! I've been
following the oxygen/is lampworking safe in the house discussion. Must have
been a senior moment.... sheesh

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "CLP" :

]Karen you make glass beads in your dining room?

no, she makes beads on her porch. i think she's just talking about
the jewelry pieces inside the house.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old August 30th 03, 06:46 AM
Jalynne

Thanks...he's now using it as a good luck charm for his patients....but they're not
allowed to touch it without wearing gloves. He's a hoot. I sure do miss him...he
moved to Alaska in June.
--
Jalynne

Craft Club onebigheartmama Beads 0 July 19th 03 03:33 AM
FS Aleenes Craft Club Magazine DMVTREK Beads 0 July 17th 03 07:06 PM