Recent Projects

Old November 25th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default Recent Projects

I have been busy recouping from my laminectomy on L3, 4, & 5. It is
doing ok.

I am working on a crocheted queen size afghan that it smocked to pull
every other row together to make kind of a diamond shape. It has been
on the hook for several month. Millions of ends to be sewn in after
smoking.

I have made several pairs of socks for friends and family, a couple of
caps and scarves. I made a beautiful scarf for myself out of a wool
tweed made in Germany. It is a sport weight and is super soft. I made
it a little wide, 7 inches. It is 70 inches long. I never make
anything for me.

I will spend the next several weeks working on scarves, caps, and
mittens for the mission in Rockford, IL.

A friends 5 year old informed me that she needs a "pink and purple scarf
and hat. I will work that in. I will double crochet the scarf for
speed and knit the cap.

Some day I will knit the Aaron sweater I have always promised myself, I
have made many for others.

I need to spend more time on the knitting sheaths Aaron send me, maybe
he will get his video out soon.

Gail is do alright with the "Lou Gehrigs desease", she is keeping up the
spirits.

I am sorry I have not kept in touch as much as in the past but, my life
is very hectic at this time and I am doing many things at once.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old November 25th 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

Wonderful to make something for yourself....I give all my stuff
away...charity or family and friends...my hope is after the Holidays to
finish the Adult Baby Surprise for meG I have started a lapgan for my
niece...it's one of those big granny squares with 4 colors and each row is a
different color......I have seen ads for Vanna's Choice Yarn line at
Lionbrand and JoAnn's carries it so went to see what all the fuss was about
and I was very surprised for a 100 percent Acrylic yarn to find it very soft
and springy $2.98 per skein and 170 yards in worsted weight. I give it a
thumbs up and hope they add more colors as the current line is muted earth
tones.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and prayers for Gail.

Donna

Old November 25th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Nov 25, 6:37�am, "DAB" wrote:
Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

Donna- Hide quoted text -

Hi Donna,

I too tried the Vanna White yarn and love it. I'm using the purple
print to make a one piece afghan using the hdc stitch and it will be
for Project Linus. I don't know if you have an AC Moore near you, but
they had it on sale last week for $1.99 a skein. That's the only
reason I bought it, couldn't resist the price. I agree it's so nice
and soft.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 26th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

wrote:
On Nov 25, 6:37?am, "DAB" wrote:
Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

That is a great price...nope we have Hobby Loobys and Michaels and JoAnns
here...not sure if they sell it at HL but will check next time I am in. You
gave me a good idea....the Guild also knits covers for the Vets in
wheelchairs and this yarn would work well as it's washable and dryable. I
saw the purple print but they didn't have enough for my project in the same
color lots.

Donna

Old November 26th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

DAB wrote:
Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

thumbs up and hope they add more colors as the current line is muted eaThrth
tones.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and prayers for Gail.

Donna

Thanks for the Prayers and kind words.

I wondered about that yarn. I make a lot of stuff for the mission. I
will check it out.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gailo

Old November 27th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Thank you Mirjam

..com wrote:

Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

Recent Projects and Photos joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 3 September 25th 07 12:13 PM
Recent FOs WoolyGooly Yarn 6 December 5th 06 01:37 AM
Unfinished projects -> finished projects Elsa Yarn 2 December 22nd 03 06:02 PM