looking for...

Old November 18th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

Default looking for...

does anyone have a copy of Knitter's magazine, Winter 2000 (i
think it's issue 61) that they would be willing to sell me? it's
sold out & i really want to make my mom the Sleeves in Your Pi
shawl.
any suggestions of where i could find the pattern elsewhere
gratefully accepted also. my library doesn't have it & i didn't
buy it when it came out because i had a very demanding newborn.
lee
Old November 18th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
does anyone have a copy of Knitter's magazine, Winter 2000 (i
think it's issue 61) that they would be willing to sell me? it's
sold out & i really want to make my mom the Sleeves in Your Pi
shawl.
any suggestions of where i could find the pattern elsewhere
gratefully accepted also. my library doesn't have it & i didn't
buy it when it came out because i had a very demanding newborn.
lee

Here are two free patterns which are knitted the same way.
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=227024

http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=138024

DA

Old November 18th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
does anyone have a copy of Knitter's magazine, Winter 2000 (i
think it's issue 61) that they would be willing to sell me? it's
sold out & i really want to make my mom the Sleeves in Your Pi
shawl.
any suggestions of where i could find the pattern elsewhere
gratefully accepted also. my library doesn't have it & i didn't
buy it when it came out because i had a very demanding newborn.
lee

It took a lot of Googling but I finally found the book it is in. Look for
"Ponchos & Wraps - a Knitter's Dozen" in your library.

--
Jan in MN (who reads almost every recent knitting book in the library)

Old November 18th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
does anyone have a copy of Knitter's magazine, Winter 2000 (i
think it's issue 61) that they would be willing to sell me? it's
sold out & i really want to make my mom the Sleeves in Your Pi
shawl.
any suggestions of where i could find the pattern elsewhere
gratefully accepted also. my library doesn't have it & i didn't
buy it when it came out because i had a very demanding newborn.
lee

(OT)

Lee, I'm trying to mail you but it can't be delivered, will you mail me
please?

Mary

Old November 18th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"YarnWright" wrote in
:

I don't have the issue, but I know someone who MIGHT be
persuaded to part with his.
I see one reply, from DA, if that works for you then KEWL
as the kids say. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll beg
my friend for his copy.

thanks Noreen, i'd really appreciate it. while the one on the
Elan site is nice, it's not as lacy as the one in Knitters.
lee
Old November 18th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"Mary Fisher" wrote in
t:

Lee, I'm trying to mail you but it can't be delivered, will
you mail me please?

emailed.
which addy were you using?
lee
Old November 18th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"DA" don't live wrote in
:

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
does anyone have a copy of Knitter's magazine, Winter 2000
(i think it's issue 61) that they would be willing to sell
me? it's sold out & i really want to make my mom the
Sleeves in Your Pi shawl.
any suggestions of where i could find the pattern
elsewhere gratefully accepted also.

Here are two free patterns which are knitted the same way.
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=227024

that's pretty, but i don't crochet. i may need to learn

http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=138024

i can do this one, without the loopy edge. i think the one in
Knitter's was lacier, but this would be a good starter.
thanks
lee

It's #19 he http://www.ericas.com/yarn/patterns/15073b.jpg

--
Jan in MN

Old November 18th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

snip

i can do this one, without the loopy edge. i think the one in
Knitter's was lacier, but this would be a good starter.
thanks
lee

Once you have done the center (body) and the sleeves, you can add any lace
edge that you like.
The pattern from Knitter's magazine is included in Ponchos and Wraps from
XRX and is available for purchase from Knitter's magazine web site.
http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/books.php
DA

Old November 18th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Jan wrote:
"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"DA" don't live wrote in
:

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
does anyone have a copy of Knitter's magazine, Winter 2000
(i think it's issue 61) that they would be willing to sell
me? it's sold out & i really want to make my mom the
Sleeves in Your Pi shawl.
any suggestions of where i could find the pattern
elsewhere gratefully accepted also.
Here are two free patterns which are knitted the same way.
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=227024
that's pretty, but i don't crochet. i may need to learn

http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=138024

i can do this one, without the loopy edge. i think the one in
Knitter's was lacier, but this would be a good starter.
thanks
lee

It's #19 he http://www.ericas.com/yarn/patterns/15073b.jpg

You can do the basic elann circular sweater, then figure out a lace
pattern for the collar/edging.

sue