Saturday afternoon

Old November 19th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default Saturday afternoon

"Y?" wrote in message
.uk...
Do you spin Mary? I think you do, if so your handspun fine, will be great
for a lot of the items in the book

My spinning isn't good enough. Spouse is the one who does spin, but he
really does have lots of other things to do! He's made me some very fine
needles and I've been using two strands of embroidery cotton, my next
garment will be made from one strand.

As if there's nothing else to do in Life :-)

Such as keep looking through and drooling over that book. He's said that he
wouldn't mind making a fully decorated and furnished doll's house from
scratch. I know that if he did it would be superb but there's no-one left to
do it for, that's why I want great grandchildren.

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

Mary

Old November 19th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Well I used to do the dolls houses up, and then went to boxes so that you
have an upstairs and a downstairs or two rooms, with lights etc and a glass
front, and these hang on the wall... however I dont do them anymore, but I
did them for ME, not the grandies, although it later all went to them.

Its fun making the dolls too.. I liked doing it. Remember darning wool??
well that works fine with the little needles too.

Needle weaving rugs done on a small picture frame...just the wood or plastic
bit, they come out good.

Oh go on get a dolls house and do it all up from scratch, ''''in
readiness'''' for these grandchildren.

higz Cher

Old November 20th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Katherine's b-day WAS Saturday afternoon

On Nov 18, 11:25 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
MAZAL TOV Katherine
mirjam

Thank you, Mirjam.

Higs,
Katherine
Old November 20th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 19, 7:41 am, Leah wrote:
Happy belated birthday, Katherine, sorry I missed it while out on the
pre-Thanksgiving social circuit all weekend. I hope it was terrific!

Thanks, Leah. I will celebrate after exams! g

Higs,
Katherine
Old November 20th 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Y?" wrote in message
o.uk...
Well I used to do the dolls houses up, and then went to boxes so that you
have an upstairs and a downstairs or two rooms, with lights etc and a
glass front, and these hang on the wall... however I dont do them anymore,
but I did them for ME, not the grandies, although it later all went to
them.

Its fun making the dolls too.. I liked doing it. Remember darning wool??

Remember? I still have some, in various shades of grey and brown. And use it
(on socks).

well that works fine with the little needles too.

I'm not really short of fine yarn but that's something to bear in mind.

Needle weaving rugs done on a small picture frame...just the wood or
plastic bit, they come out good.

Yes, they do look good.

Oh go on get a dolls house and do it all up from scratch, ''''in
readiness'''' for these grandchildren.

We already HAVE grandchildren - ten of the blighters. An 11 year old
granddaughterl asked if she could have the one my godfather made for me and
she's renovating it. That is, her father, grandfather and I are renovating
it ... :-(

The now 18 yo lost interest in it when she was young, the 5 yo alreeady has
lots of plastic houses (with plastic accessories - so easy to sterilise
according to her mother!) and the 13 yo is far too sophisticated. That's why
I want the 22 year olds to do something about providing us with GREAT
grandchildren!

As for making things for ourselves, well, we're not exactly starved of
projects ... but we are starved of space :-(

Mary

Old November 25th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

YarnWright wrote:
Y? spun a FINE 'yarn':

what Katherine hasn't told you though is that it is her Birthday today...lol

higz Cher

Well!!
Happy Birthday, then, Katherine, and many more!
Noreen

Happy Birthday!!!!
Old November 25th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 24, 8:44 pm, Spike Driver wrote:
YarnWright wrote:
Y? spun a FINE 'yarn':

what Katherine hasn't told you though is that it is her Birthday today...lol

higz Cher

Well!!
Happy Birthday, then, Katherine, and many more!
Noreen

Happy Birthday!!!!

Thanks, Dennis.

Higs,
Katherine

A fun afternoon Julia in MN Quilting 3 October 9th 06 12:59 PM
Saturday night was Saturday , we are ok Shillelagh Yarn 2 July 27th 06 07:24 AM
OT - Afternoon Funny Sharon Harper Quilting 2 February 8th 06 01:45 AM
Sunday afternoon [email protected] Yarn 26 October 31st 05 03:19 AM
OT Peacful afternoon! melinda Quilting 6 September 13th 05 01:58 AM