WHAT?????

Old November 5th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

Default WHAT?????

I, uh, had the brilliant idea of enrolling in two studio art classes this
semester, so the knitting is going V E R Y slowly. I have "finished" half a
(long knee) sock on #1 US needles.

Georgia

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

Old November 5th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

thank you shelgh , i am now mending an arm in cast , thus will use the
non knitting non crafting time for crafty reading ,,,,, mirjam

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Does preparaing for conference count ? does repairing clothes count ?
mirjam

Hee hee - sure, why not? It's just that we used to get a really good
list of FO's at the end of each month.

I have two pairs of favourite socks that I knitted that need to be
mended, so maybe I'll do that tonight. ;)

Shelagh

Old November 5th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

WELL done and welcome
mirjam
100, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

Given that I'm so new here, I don't feel I'm quite entitled to do so, but
here goes:
Velvet evening bag with stump work embroidery (although the chain shoulder
strap still needs to be put on permanently - not sure yet how I'll do that),
Hand tailored blazer from Indian silk, needs button hole and a button and
then to have the tailor's tacks removed,
Cotton knitted T in lace pattern,
Pair of socks.
Currently spinning dog hair (Maremma) with Alpaca to make a Beanie for a
neighbour.

Old November 5th 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Nov 5, 5:40 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
thank you shelgh , i am now mending an arm in cast

What happened Mirjam?! Did you have an accident?

VP

Old November 5th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

Vintage Purls wrote:
On Nov 5, 5:40 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
thank you shelgh , i am now mending an arm in cast

What happened Mirjam?! Did you have an accident?

VP

I was going to ask also and thought maybe I missed a post.

Donna

Old November 5th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Default ATTN Wooly RE MK scarves

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 12:43:20 -0600, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:

Wooly,

Nope, I run them up in 1x1 rib on my Passap Duo80, which is a double-bed
jacquard machine that does ribbing "out of the box", so to speak. I'm
not interested enough in machine knitting to learn how to do fancy
work,and I'm not interested in hand-manipulating stitches to produce
fake lace, either!.

Thanks so much for generously sharing your scarf information! I have
a Brother electronic which came with a lace carriage and a lot of
preprogrammed lace patterns. You knit so many rows with the knitting
"K carriage" and then make passes with the lace "L carriage", which
takes care of transfers, creating the eyelets, so there's very little
hand manipulation as is needed for plastic hobby machines. I was
thinking a simple MK lace pattern repeat in the extremely fine CP Kid
Merino yarn would produce a lacy scarf similar to what is being
requested by the shop owner, though she's open to other scarf types,
like the big needle thinner eyelash scarves that have been popular a
while.

I use my knitting machines for convenience/speed knitting, and for
running yarns I don't like to knit by hand (like cotton blends for
socks). The woman who commissioned the scarves knows she's getting
"hand knit on a machine and finished by hand" because there is simply
not enough time for me to make 10 scarves by hand before Christmas.

So do I :-).

Thanks again.

Leah
Old November 5th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Yeah in the most dangerous place ,,, at home ,,,, misplaced rug
talking to some one Slip Bad fall , and i crcaked a big bone ,,,,
Never mind now i have to finnish that reading , and typing with left
hand isn`t easy brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
mirjam

Old November 5th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Gerald & Donna McIntosh

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

I've finished 3 knitted neck gaiters, seamans scarf and cabled hat for The
Ships Project

(for the troops overseas - mailing these tomorrow), stilll working on my
paying job (modelstitching)
- and knitting a pair or two of Geisha socks (for my 14-yr old DD) from
Cascase Fixation which
is real fun to work with but I know the socks will fit thanks to the stretch
in the yarn.

Donna in S. Indiana

Old November 5th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 5 Nov, 14:52, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Yeah in the most dangerous place ,,, at home ,,,, misplaced rug
talking to some one Slip Bad fall , and i crcaked a big bone ,,,,
Never mind now i have to finnish that reading , and typing with left
hand isn`t easy brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(((HUGS!!!))) You definitely have my sympathy! The worst thing about
when I broke my right wrist years ago was the embarassment! Ulricehamn
is "South Sweden's Ski Paradice" so the clinic personnel are pretty
used to the type of injuries one receives on a ski slope. Imagine the
look I got, though, when the nurse asked "ski slopes, huh?" and I
replied "Nah, I was just taking my dog for a pee!"

Get well soon!

Erin