Woe is me

Old June 18th 04, 05:57 AM
Christina Peterson

Default Woe is me

Life is not being kind.

We're at the dregs of my savings.

Pete has been doing some tree work. He can only manage 2 or 3 hours a day,
but at least there's some income.

Last month we put my Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend cheque in the back, and
this year for the first time the cheque stale dates at 6 months. So we had
cheques bouncing all over town. It will be re-issued, but it was not a
problem we needed.

My brother is supposed to be making an $800 payment to me every month (from
an apartment building), but has not for the last 2 or 3 months.

A couple weeks ago we had to bail him out of jail for a noisy fight with his
girl friend (very unusual behaviour for him).

And now he's in jail for probation violation -- drugs. And so we'll have to
rehabilitate the property somehow, without money.

On Sunday, a friend was supposed to bring me Thyroid medicine from Mexico.
Without it, and without insurance, I now have to immediately get lab work,
dr appointments, and pay for the prescriptions.

The jewelry I placed is on consignment, so I don't have that money yet.

Hope we can get a moose this year.

Tina

"Come on, Walter." (Walter is the inventor of the engine I invested in. At
first, all money will be going into legal fees, the legal defense fund for
patent jumpers, and more building and testing)
Come on, Walter.

Old June 18th 04, 07:02 AM
Candace

If I could gather you up in a big hug right now, I would, Tina.

[...]

Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old June 18th 04, 07:04 AM
starlia

Good grief. You are going through a bunch. I had no idea the PFD had a six
month stale date. The girls use it to go to Hawaii every year.

Are you signed up for the road kill deal? We did that one year to
supplement our food and got two huge moose. Half the meat to the state and
the other half is yours. Of course you do ALL the work.

Hugs to you. I hope things get better very, very soon.

Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old June 18th 04, 10:23 AM
Marisa Cappetta

I hope things pick up soon. We had a delinquant tennant who was also a
family member, so I know what kind of a situation you're in. I'll never rent
to family ever again. Hang in there Tina.
Marisa Au/NZ

Old June 18th 04, 03:31 PM
Beadbimbo

Awwwwwwwwwwww, Tina, I'm sorry.

I hope things turn around for you soon. I'm also sending good vibes to
Walter!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old June 18th 04, 04:34 PM
Marisa2

Tina,

How awful, everything at once!

Hopefully your new check will come soon.

Make sure to get your thyroid medicine. You don't want to mess with that.

marisa2

Christina Peterson wrote:

[...]

Teva Yafae Original Designs
inspired by nature

For unique jewelry or apparel, or to learn about having your
own Jewelry home-party or children's party, please visit:

http://www.tevayafae.com

Old June 18th 04, 06:02 PM
Dr. Sooz

Oh Tina! You have all my vibes.
~~
Sooz

2000: The largest budget surplus in the history of the USA.
2004: The largest budget DEFICIT in the history of the USA.
John Kerry in '04

Old June 18th 04, 06:39 PM
Christina Peterson

And then there's the truck. My brother had borrowed it. Pete's trying to
pick it up now, after paying the $180 towing fee.

DEA found a pipe and other paraphernalia in it. Of course, like anyone else
in a drug bust, my brother will claim, "I wasn't the only one in/using the
truck. It's not mine. Must be someone else's."

And the DA would give his left nut to get a conspiracy charge on my brother.

And we need the truck for hauling brush for Pete's tree jobs.

Thanks for the hugs.

Tina

Old June 18th 04, 06:45 PM
Christina Peterson

The PFD stale date is a new thing this year. And not well advertised.

Road kill deal? I'll look into it. Never heard of it before. Most of the
meat here goes to state institutions and native organizations. Thanks for
the suggestion.

Tina

Old June 18th 04, 07:14 PM
Christina Peterson

My mother arranged a deal between my brother and me, because I just couldn't
manage the work and the toughness of running the building (5 small units in
a converted house), where my brother would pay interest only on the building
until Dec, 2005.

I can foreclose, I guess. But the place is a run down mess. I have lost
money on it since my dad bought it to sell it to me, even after the mortgage
was paid off.

Favors from parents! My dad, a professional at real estate "liked the
seller" and didn't call in an engineer for a report, or work with a realtor.
I guess he wasn't firing on all cylinders at 88 years old. And my mother
wanted to "help Franky -- and me too", when she arranged the sale.

We also need the impounded truck for cart garbage off from the building.

But it's the truck and the possibility of the DEA wanting to connect Pete or
me so they can charge Frank with conspiracy that worries me most. It's not
a new or unusual tactic. It's not just the bad guys who get hurt in a war,
including the "war on drugs". There's always "collateral damage" in a war.

Tina