Quilt Blocks That Works With Busy Fabric

Old January 15th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Quilt Blocks That Works With Busy Fabric

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:23:06 GMT, Jan
wrote:

Hmm... now that was a long subject... but it does say it all. I have a
couple of really busy fabrics in my stash that I'd love to make into
something. Does anyone have recommendations for different blocks that are
busy fabric friendly????

Jan

Those are very pretty paisleys. I can think of lots of ways to use
them. The big question is, "Why aren't you using them the same way
you would use any other prints?" The first one I'd treat as if it
were vines with leaves on blue background, sure it's purple vines and
paisley loop leaves but it would work the same way as ordinary vines
and leaves. The second one, just pretend it's an all over flowery
print and you won't go wrong. Basically, just add some greens and
golds and you would have a gorgeous quilt no matter what block you
decided to use.

Still think you were nutty when you bought them? Send them to me and
I promise to caress them, ponder all the possibilities they possess,
cut them into pieces, and make something wonderful.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at